Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 08:20 AM
Large Rat

Talking New around here, just saying hi and a couple questions

Hi All,

Recently bit by the nostalgia bug and decided to load up the F2P version, but doesn't seem like there is any concentration of new characters these days.

Reading through the forums it sounded like the paid progression servers have their own fair share of grievances, and still wanting to experience some of the early game that I missed pre-PoP, which led me to you fine people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

I just started out on Green as a wee Gnome, and was just wondering what the general 'populous' areas are at the lower levels? I'm just bumming around Steamfont for right now, and sometimes there might be one or two people around, so I wasn't sure if there might be a higher-trafficked starting area (also knowing that I'd have to take the old self serviced shoe-leather-express to get there of course).

I came in back after PoP had already dropped and was more or less taken by the scruff of the neck by higher level friends, so I'm not really sure where low levels typically head at this point in progression release.

I was a wizard in my past life on 7th Hammer, and being what I'd assume is typically even more solo these days I decided to roll a necro on this play through.

Anywho, I'm currently running around Steamfont avoiding that a-hole skeleton and shaman, so feel free to say hi (same name) if you happen to be there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2021, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

There aren't going to be a lot of VERY low level players running around because of how fast you get through those levels and a lot of established players skip them entirely either via power leveling or quest turn ins.

You are probably best off making the the trek to freeport, as you will bump into a decent bit more people actually in those level ranges out in EC.
Old 03-22-2021, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

People tend to gravitate towards the popular zones.
For example East Commonlands tunnel is the main trade hub on p99.

I'd argue with DMN that on green you'll see a lot of low level players! Try typing /who all 1 10 to see players non-anon/role who are levels 1 to 10. Strike up a conversation and see if they're interested in grouping.

Don't give up! p99 can be tough but it's more rewarding the further you get!
Edit: also be sure to check out the https://wiki.project1999.com
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 03-22-2021 at 05:24 PM..
Old 03-22-2021, 05:32 PM
Large Bat

Hey! I'm kind of in a similar situation. Im learning as I play.
Im currently on qeynos lvl 6 warrior..
But I'd be down to make a new character because I'm wanting to try out a magic user.
Let me know!
Old 03-22-2021, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

Yea even when I started as a cleric back in 2017, the lower levels were the toughest. Twinked out melee and powerlevelers reduce the pool of people to group with. However it did pick up a lot at higher levels.

I think also the fact that lower levels go by so fast means there are fewer people in that level range.

It shouldn't be too bad as a necromancer. Strong DPS at all levels, charm undead gets really good at higher levels. At least you can solo and not just sit LFG :P
Old 03-23-2021, 08:57 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehbravo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey! I'm kind of in a similar situation. Im learning as I play.
Im currently on qeynos lvl 6 warrior..
But I'd be down to make a new character because I'm wanting to try out a magic user.
Let me know!
If you're interested I'll likely be hanging around Steamfont for a bit, will start looking at the most non-deathy-squishy route to Freeport at some point and then start migrating that way. Never really played on this continent so will probably sightsee a bit as I go (and likely die ha).
Old 03-23-2021, 10:12 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by andarion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're interested I'll likely be hanging around Steamfont for a bit, will start looking at the most non-deathy-squishy route to Freeport at some point and then start migrating that way. Never really played on this continent so will probably sightsee a bit as I go (and likely die ha).
Nice. I'll be on today until i go to work at 12.. what class /lvl are you currently?
Old 03-23-2021, 10:40 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehbravo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice. I'll be on today until i go to work at 12.. what class /lvl are you currently?
L4 necro
Old 03-23-2021, 10:51 AM
Sarnak

You'll want to go to the Greater Faydark. Stick to the wall when going through Lesser Faydark, there are brownies in that zone that are very fast and very much assholes that will try to delete you. You can ask politely for someone to bind you at Kelethin. At about level 5 is when people usually start grouping at Orc Hill. At about 7 or 8 I think you can move into Crushbone. Then at like 10+ I think you can think about moving to Unrest. There are places you could try on the other continent Antonica but I wouldn't say they would be better necessarily. I've heard good things about Kurn's Tower on Kunark but haven't ever been to it myself. There is a wiki site for p99, you're probably going to want to acquaint yourself with it and read some of the guides there.
Last edited by TripSin; 03-23-2021 at 10:54 AM..
Old 03-23-2021, 10:59 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll want to go to the Greater Faydark. Stick to the wall when going through Lesser Faydark, there are brownies in that zone that are very fast and very much assholes that will try to delete you. You can ask politely for someone to bind you at Kelethin. At about level 5 is when people usually start grouping at Orc Hill. At about 7 or 8 I think you can move into Crushbone. Then at like 10+ I think you can think about moving to Unrest. There are places you could try on the other continent Antonica but I wouldn't say they would be better necessarily. I've heard good things about Kurn's Tower on Kunark but haven't ever been to it myself. There is a wiki site for p99, you're probably going to want to acquaint yourself with it and read some of the guides there.
Cool, thanks for the info.

Yea I've been poring over wikis and forum posts getting reacquainted with stuff...I mean...working hard while at work...yea that's the ticket! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread