Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-09-2021, 03:47 PM
Kobold

Default Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap Recharge Failure

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm a druid, and someone tipped me an uncharged Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap. My plan was to recharge then sell it. I found someone that had one with a charge, found a vendor that was low on items and ported us there. She sold hers, I sold mine, I bought one back she bought the other....both were without a charge!

I ended up paying her 100pp for her loss and trouble, and now Im already down 200pp. Any idea why this didnt work?
Old 03-09-2021, 03:56 PM
Banned

might want to reread the instructions
https://wiki.project1999.com/Guide_to_Recharging_Items
Old 03-09-2021, 04:09 PM
Kobold

I had done that thank you. Did you not read what I wrote?
Old 03-09-2021, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

you most likely sold the uncharged one first, make certain the first one sold has the charges, and you can verify it from the vendor prior to selling the uncharged one. For all you know the other person you ported could have been mistaken and thought they had a charged cap when in fact it was not charged, you never know.
Old 03-09-2021, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

OP, I wonder if the person with a charged cap was wrong about it being charged. Maybe they had forgotten they used the charge and didn't check?

Regardless, it definitely works. Good job choosing a merchant with room. I'd say try it again. I have several caps to charge soon myself. eesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
might want to reread the instructions
https://wiki.project1999.com/Guide_to_Recharging_Items
Tuna, you have a sense of humor, but I think this was unnecessary snark. No need to respond to every single question with snark.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodyy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm a druid, and someone tipped me an uncharged Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap. My plan was to recharge then sell it. I found someone that had one with a charge, found a vendor that was low on items and ported us there. She sold hers, I sold mine, I bought one back she bought the other....both were without a charge!

I ended up paying her 100pp for her loss and trouble, and now Im already down 200pp. Any idea why this didnt work?
Yes. An uncharged Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap existed in the vendor inventory when you bought yours back. Whether that came from her not selling a charged one or an uncharged Skullcap already on the vendor we will never know.

edit: or we can know, go back to that vendor see if there is a third one still left