Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Default Crucify IV -- need some quick input

MM or LGUK

Max lvl is going to be 50 to start... start at lvl 30 with accelerated XP, or fuck lvling, start at 50, PvP and get gear?
Old 05-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MM or LGUK

Max lvl is going to be 50 to start... start at lvl 30 with accelerated XP, or fuck lvling, start at 50, PvP and get gear?
Start at like 35 so with a +/- 10 level limit for PvP, so people don't completely fag it up and camp alts or some shit with their min-max'd characters.

I'd also say lguk, MM is kind of a pain in the ass and completely buggy and everyone is completely familiar with lguk and some of the best pvp happens there.

Could also do the QvF approach and have tiers of armor drop from mobs, increasing in usefulness as you go into harder zones.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab "The REAL truth" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could also do the QvF approach and have tiers of armor drop from mobs, increasing in usefulness as you go into harder zones.
That's already the game plan... some zones will have items you'll want to camp as well to increase PvP in specific zones.

Drops will also be less than what you saw on QvF and the old Crucify servers, but it really wont be too bad.

I almost don't see the point of starting at 30 or 35.. people just want to be max level, PvP, and get gear... I think the leveling process would just be a waste of time for what we're all trying to accomplish here.

When I do release a second world, I do plan on raising the level limit to 60 though.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

why you tryina compete with tarwine the day before his server comes out?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Altergate - Open Racewars Server Begins Friday May 6, 2011

We've been working on this server for a long time. Here are the highlights:

PvP
-Attack Anyone: whether they be on your team, or low level, but you won't want to do it often because there are repercussions.
-PvP Points System: earn points based on how good the person you killed is. Go in to debt for dying, less if you suck.
-"Most Wanted" Leaderboard: See who is currently worth the most points to kill.
-Website integrated with in-game stats and pvp stats.
-Many tools to stem hacks.

World
-9 zones: never find yourself alone, or running across 4 zones to find some pvp.
-Totally custom content
-Over 600 custom items
-Content made to encourage pvp
-Raid content made for pvp

Server launches this Friday at 5PM PST.

http://alter-gate.com
Old 05-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why you tryina compete with tarwine the day before his server comes out?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Altergate - Open Racewars Server Begins Friday May 6, 2011

We've been working on this server for a long time. Here are the highlights:

PvP
-Attack Anyone: whether they be on your team, or low level, but you won't want to do it often because there are repercussions.
-PvP Points System: earn points based on how good the person you killed is. Go in to debt for dying, less if you suck.
-"Most Wanted" Leaderboard: See who is currently worth the most points to kill.
-Website integrated with in-game stats and pvp stats.
-Many tools to stem hacks.

World
-9 zones: never find yourself alone, or running across 4 zones to find some pvp.
-Totally custom content
-Over 600 custom items
-Content made to encourage pvp
-Raid content made for pvp

Server launches this Friday at 5PM PST.

http://alter-gate.com
Tarwine is putting out a great server and I had interest in playing and maybe even helping him develop if he would have liked my help. When I logged in to play,it just wasn't something I personally found fun. My servers offer a different style of gameplay and I am in no way trying to compete with Tarwine. I thought his server was already up and running by the way? Didn't realize it was coming out tomorrow.. I still have a few days minimum and as I've expressed in other posts here, my server should be good to go around May 9th when I get my own apartment with no room mate to bog down the server when he decides to play his PS3.

I also need an excuse to fuck around with C++/PHP/MySQL and running an EQ server is an easy way to get the experience.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's already the game plan... some zones will have items you'll want to camp as well to increase PvP in specific zones.

Drops will also be less than what you saw on QvF and the old Crucify servers, but it really wont be too bad.

I almost don't see the point of starting at 30 or 35.. people just want to be max level, PvP, and get gear... I think the leveling process would just be a waste of time for what we're all trying to accomplish here.

When I do release a second world, I do plan on raising the level limit to 60 though.
If you would start at max level. max skill, max spellset etc. then you might as well just put in merchants that hand you BiS gear for free which is how the WoW arena server is done.

I would be down for that as well since it then becomes gladiatorial and relies solely on skill and knowing your class over who camps what mob the longest or who gets RNG for rare items.

I suppose just put in those merchants and have players drop a "coin" which can be turned in for specific awards and some sort of leader board.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab "The REAL truth" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you would start at max level. max skill, max spellset etc. then you might as well just put in merchants that hand you BiS gear for free which is how the WoW arena server is done.

I would be down for that as well since it then becomes gladiatorial and relies solely on skill and knowing your class over who camps what mob the longest or who gets RNG for rare items.

I suppose just put in those merchants and have players drop a "coin" which can be turned in for specific awards and some sort of leader board.
I wanna make people work for their shit.. gonna start out with no gear for sure..
Old 05-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

How bout work with null to get 99 red launched sooner.

You know, instead of releasing 10 modified/bugged servers that nobody cares about.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

I enjoyed your prior servers bro, but we both know this isn't going anywhere.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
I wanna make people work for their shit.. gonna start out with no gear for sure..

That setup would be alright if you're ok with having a server that is 2% warriors/rogues/monks and 98% druids/mages/necros etc.

I mean that's cool and all but completely cripples pure melee, starting at level 1 with a rusty short sword is fine, but starting at level 50 with no armor, weapons, and shit resists; you'll pretty much be asking to get blown down by chain petting mages/necros or kited to death by druids... which was a huge problem on alter-gate and every other custom PvP server that has accelerated leveling.

I mean if you want people to just jump right in to PvP and have it fun and not some grindfest or being completely revolving around who can root /pet attack first you gotta throw melee a bone.
Closed Thread