Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Kobold

Default Cleric + Warrior duo

Can some pro's give me some insight on the strengths/weaknesses of this duo 30+ and late game.

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Kobold

for the most part it works out ok. sometimes its better to have an sk for taunt and snare purposes. but there are weapons the warrior can get to overcome stuff like that.

ps. i was a cleric on live there might be differences on this server.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Pro: Easy start to a group

Con: Not very efficient for straight-up duo experience.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 05-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Cons: No SoW/ports/invis, Very limited CC (just root from cleric), pretty low DPS

Overall it's a weak duo (works but is slow and zone choices are limited), but like baalzy said it's a great core for a bigger group.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

I've done it before. Works out ok if the Warrior is geared well. Ideally you should be able to pull and kill blue mobs non-stop without any fear of death with no med breaks. You won't need CC because the cleric can pacify so you can break rooms and get single pulls. If you get an add, root it. The cleric will not get aggro from healing if they are using correctly timed CH. Taunt will work, because you won't be fighting even con or above mobs in this situation. You'll want a shit ton of blue mobs to pull.

I made insane experience with clerics in SolB window doing this.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 05-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Pro: Warrior can focus on DPS weapons instead of going for straight procs, could even use a 2hander if you get one with good stats.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 05-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

it does work out in the low lvls, on the progression server, i played a sk, and my brother a cleric, and i also played my friends war too to keep his guy up to date with our lvls, but was mainly duo from 1-22, at times it was dead slow, and sometimes great, even if you do a shaman, have ok heals at lower lvls, but you get slow, and dots, but lvl 24 makes the shaman better with regen

so it depends what you want, id say instead do a shaman and war, or shaman, sk, it will be slower at first, but by your teens and 20s it gets so much better, and lvl 30+, a shaman can do so much more for a group then a cleric, though im not bombing clerics, they still are a great class and can do things a shaman cant
Old 05-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

It's not the quickest duo, but it's the best if you plan on trying to get others. It really doesn't matter who you get after that.

Once the warrior has good aggro weapons, and prices have dropped significantly here for some, you will be gold.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

I agree with Ikvar, Sham/War might be better for you up until high 30's; warriors would benefit a lot more from the haste/buffs than only cleric buffs.

After 30's though Shammy's heal drops off a lot in comparison to a Cleric's, and it may be more difficult to dungeon crawl (although I have personally never done this combo before!)

Mage/Cleric is an excellent combination; You can both gate, mod rods, and earth pets are practically walking walls of awesome. A Mage's best pet heal does 150hp or so, so having a Cleric to CH the earth pet makes things go VERY fast.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After 30's though Shammy's heal drops off a lot in comparison to a Cleric's, and it may be more difficult to dungeon crawl (although I have personally never done this combo before!)
they get slow and regen though which means they need to heal less. not as efficient as cleric healing but still good. They also get haste with speeds up the killing and a manaless dot (puppy power), mega buffage, and sow. Shaman is one of the best classes if not the best class for a melee to duo with
Closed Thread