Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Class Duo Suggestions

Hi, so I'm wondering if anyone would like to tell me about which two classes compliment each other in terms of leveling and efficiency and fun stuff...

If I have a friend that wants to play, what should we roll?

Ultimately it will come down to which ones we each just like the best, but I'd like to hear about any experiences or formulas others have with specific combos.

And in particular, what would go best with a bard?
Old 04-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

iksar shaman & iksar monk
Old 04-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

hobbit rogue 2x

yes it actually woks!
look: 1st hobbit sneaks behind the mob and backstabs! As the mob turns around to attack him, the 2nd hobbit backstabs from the other side! The mob turns again.. and guess what happens next? Yes! 1st hobbit backstabs again! And they keep it up till the thing dies ;D
Old 04-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hobbit rogue 2x

yes it actually woks!
look: 1st hobbit sneaks behind the mob and backstabs! As the mob turns around to attack him, the 2nd hobbit backstabs from the other side! The mob turns again.. and guess what happens next? Yes! 1st hobbit backstabs again! And they keep it up till the thing dies ;D
Guess what happens next? First hobbit dies! Then what? You guessed it! second hobbit dies.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Skeleton

ranger+necro fear kiting outdoor is nice.. cheap snare+fear and both are good DPS. ranger and necro also have some complimentary utility spells.

but yes shaman+monk is a strong pair as well which ports nicely to dungeons and groups.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Here are my suggestions:

Shaman/monk is a good duo that can operate inside dungeons.
Cleric/tank(I would choose sk but paladin or warrior would work also) can duo, but more importantly you always have the makings to start up a group.
Necro/rogue is great for outdoor duoing as the necro can either keep aggro with darkness/dots or can darkness/fear while the rogue and pet kill the mob.
Mage/mage to pet things down, although mages don't improve as much from 50-60 as other classes.

Bards don't work as well in duos as some classes b/c many of their songs work best in a full group b/c they benefit all members of the group. Bards can solo, but they way in which they solo does benefit much (if at all) by having another member. A bard/cleric could work but not that well because bards do not tank particularly well nor dps particularly well. However with this duo you at least have 2 good classes for starting up a full group since a bard can handle the crowd control.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Skeleton

I was in a similar situation a while back, when I rolled with a mate.

I personally think you want to go Tank+Healer. That way you can do dungeons, aswell as being a group waiting to happen.

Monk/Shaman or Tank(Pal/War/SK)+Cleric/Shaman

I rolled cleric and a mate rolled warrior and we are loving it. Throw a nice dps class into it and we have a perfect trio with great xp to be had.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

The best duo I have ever seen for outdoor zones was Magician/Necro. Indoors you'll definitely want something like an SK or a Monk paired with a Shaman.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Aviak

Iksar necro and troll (or ogre) shaman.

Can use everything, can kill anything. No downtime, no early/mid gear requirements. It won't be the fastest-leveling combo, but they level slow for a reason.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Aviak

bard plays best with druid or wizard imo. the best mobility in the game paired with strong kiting and crowd control is sexy to me

also i think bard/shm or bard/nec

just don't think of your bard as a melee type when you make the duo. the bard would definitely just be doing support and generally making life easier for however the other part of the duo would usually solo
Closed Thread