Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 05:29 AM
Skeleton

Default Class choices

Well, here we are, day of!

Think I have decided to recreate my toon from my original play through (female DE rogue who built up acceptance in all the good cities). But a rogue without a group is a long, painful grind to level up, so I want to have a secondary for when the rogue can’t find a group. Never played any of the other classic classes past level 15-20, so advice would be appreciated. I’m not a huge fan of kiting, so I would prefer something a little more sedentary.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-25-2019, 05:33 AM
Sarnak

Since it sounds like you would go solo, then you should stick on Necro or Druid.

I personally would prefer Druid because of the ports.

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 10-25-2019, 05:48 AM
Large Bat

Druid to begin with is probably the best class you can go with - easy source of cash via porting and sows to fund your rogue and the viability of taking on multiple roles in a group. You'll probably be expected to heal in most cases, which is probably the most sedentary role you can get as well.
Old 10-25-2019, 05:51 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I've been going back and forth between two different tanky combos, and have finally settled on a paladin.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:12 AM
Skeleton

I vaguely remember making a decent amount of cash with my rogue, sneaking through dungeons recovering corpses for people. I can’t remember which one it was, but I would just sit at a common death point, and when someone would inevitably die, I’d send a /tell offering my services. Didn’t make the cash of a druid taxi service, but the people I helped were extremely grateful.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:39 AM
Kobold

Trying to think of a good pair for my daughter and me. A simple class that probably isn't melee based - as getting close to a MOB and hitting them (as they're running) is hard for her.

I'm thinking she could be a pet based class and I could heal, not sure yet tho
Last edited by TanDemain; 10-25-2019 at 06:43 AM..
Old 10-25-2019, 06:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanDemain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trying to think of a good pair for my daughter and me. A simple class that probably isn't melee based - as getting close to a MOB and hitting them (as they're running) is hard for her.

I'm thinking she could be a pet based class and I could heal, not sure yet tho
The no-brainer option here is mage and cleric (or shaman). She summons a pet that gets buffs, heals, debuff, and CC support from you while she helps nuke stuff down. About as straightforward as it gets for her while still being a pretty strong combo with you carrying the weight on situational awareness, pulls, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFloridaMan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, here we are, day of!

Think I have decided to recreate my toon from my original play through (female DE rogue who built up acceptance in all the good cities). But a rogue without a group is a long, painful grind to level up, so I want to have a secondary for when the rogue can’t find a group. Never played any of the other classic classes past level 15-20, so advice would be appreciated. I’m not a huge fan of kiting, so I would prefer something a little more sedentary.

Any suggestions?
Well, there's different types of kiting. You don't generally want to purely kite stuff because DoTs do reduced damage on moving+nonfeared targets though. So usually "kiting" refers to bards killing stuff on the move, quadding at mid-higher levels as a druid or wizard, or fearkiting where you snare something and fear it so dots do full damage and pets can smack it without getting hit (usually a necro thing).

"Sedentary" cries mage to me though. They have few tools in their arsenal, so they generally just lean heavily on their pets to solo in safe areas without many/any tricks up their sleeves. It works fine, it's just pretty repetitive (well, all solo tends to be repetitive but some classes like necro or chanter or bard have a variety of methods they can use that are all more complex than "send pet then either nuke or dismiss and nuke"). They're also enjoyed in groups as a very strong damage dealer.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-25-2019 at 07:03 AM..
Old 10-25-2019, 07:36 AM
Skeleton

Fear kiting would be fine for me. I just have recollections of people running past with a slew of mobs on their heels. At first I thought they were just exceptionally bad at pulling, then I learned about kiting.

Having a creature fun away from me in fear from my appearance is a different matter. Heck, it happens to me nearly every day in real life.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

I'd like to put another vote in for druid. The ability to port yourself anywhere you want to go. To join a group across the world.. Such ease.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

Necro for sure then. They're a pretty awesome class.

Fear kite, root rot, charming, solid in groups when played well, can solo in dungeons or outdoors, lots of tricks and utility, free to ignore faction and slaughter guards whenever you want basically, don't have trou let outdamaging pet to ensure full exp unlike mages, etc.
Closed Thread