Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-31-2011, 04:56 PM
Aviak

Default Death and Mana

Mods feel free to close this if it has already been discussed, but I did a quick search and didn't see it.

I've noticed that when I die I am re spawning with the same amount of mana as when I died. I'm not sure exactly how this mechanic worked in Live EQ, but I'm pretty sure that upon death you either 1) Respawned with NO mana, or 2) Respawned with full mana. I think that it was re spawning with full mana, but I could be wrong.
Allabahallaban - Iksar Monk
<Azure Guard>
Old 03-31-2011, 05:05 PM
VIP / Contributor

You using Titanium or SoF?
How did you die?
Does it happen every time you die?
Old 03-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Aviak

Hi, sorry I wasn't more specific. I'm using the Titanium client. Each time I've noticed the behavior I have been playing my Enchanter Jerron. The first time I noticed it was in Oasis hunting crocs. It was a straight melee death. I was bound outside the zone in NRo. I was almost OOM when I died...probably under 30 mana because I didn't have enough to cast Root. When I respawned in NRo I had the same empty mana bar...maybe 30-40 mana total. I noticed the discrepancy later that day when I got squashed by a sand giant and died while I was FM, again another melee death. I respawned in the same spot from before in NRo and this time I was FM.

I just noticed it again when I died in East Karana. I was fighting an Evil Eye and several other mobs agroed on me at the same time. I was dotted as well as being meleed so I'm not sure exactly what killed me. I was again below 30 or 40 total mana when I died. I was bound in the same zone I died in (East Karana) and when I respawned I was around 40 mana.

(when I say 30 or 40 mana I mean TOTAL mana...not as a percentage of my full mana pool)
<Azure Guard>
Last edited by Reubin; 03-31-2011 at 05:24 PM..
Old 03-31-2011, 05:31 PM
Kobold

I'm also using Titanium Client and have died and found myself with the same ammount of mana I died with. I've also died and came back with full from 50% or so. It's happened a number of times and i specifically recall it happening when i die in Lguk.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:34 PM
Kobold

Ditto, using Titanium, when I die I respawn with whatever mana I had when I died. I too thought this was odd, as I remembered being respawned in classic with full mana, but had decided maybe I was remembering incorrectly.

It's 100% consistent for me, whatever I have when I die is what I have when I respawn.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:50 PM
VIP / Contributor

Is this a relatively recent issue? Today is the first time I recall getting a petition about this as well.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

This problem has been around for a while. I thought the devs were aware. Happens to Bards too, not just normal casters.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-31-2011, 05:55 PM
VIP / Contributor

I'm aware that it will happen if you die and don't lose experience (dot after zoning, etc) and the server considers it a duel death. But wasn't aware of it on a consistent basis from PVE deaths that caused experience loss.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Kobold

My 12 pally has this, as well as my 10 necro. I just noticed it on pally a few days ago, but I can't say whether that was the first time it happened or whether I didn't notice it before.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this a relatively recent issue? Today is the first time I recall getting a petition about this as well.
To be honest I'm not sure. I THINK it may be recent because I just started noticing it the other day...since Kunark came out. But it could have been happening for a while and I just never noticed it. I have a feeling I would have noticed it before if it was happening. I leveled a Wizard to 40 before really playing my Enchanter much and I died on the Wizard several times and never noticed I had to med before I could rebuff/invis after dying.
<Azure Guard>