Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Default Enchanters are not Classic

Mesmerise: This spell should wipe hate completely from monsters under level 35. It currently does not. Monsters above that level should have a chance to have their memory wiped. They do not.

Here's Casters Realm's info on Mesmerise from 2001:
http://replay.waybackmachine.org/200...asp?SpellID=20

Memory Blur: This spell is completely broken. It does not wipe hate from greens that have only been aggroed and have no other hate on them. I've tested this multiple times. Aggro green mob, mesmerise. Then cast Memory Blur and walk far away out of aggro range, only to have the monster come after me after Mesmerise wears off.

Here's the info on Memory Blur from 2001:
http://replay.waybackmachine.org/200...asp?SpellID=44

Animations: Current aggro for enchanter pets is broken. Animations have trouble keeping aggro after a mere cast of Tashan. Any further spell keeps the pet on the caster for a long duration. Current pet taunt resembles Live pet's with taunt turned off. Look at any comments on the various Animation pets on Castersrealm and notice there is little if no complaining about pet aggro. In fact many boast of debuffing, dotting, sitting down and letting the pet finish as a common tactic.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Aviak

i aprove this message
Old 03-29-2011, 02:29 AM
Kobold

try rooting the mob your fighting before sitting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i agree with everything else said though
Old 03-29-2011, 02:38 AM
Sarnak

Enchanters are not classic.
They were added in Luclin

P.s. Why did nobody answer my petition to let me roll p99s only beastlord?
Old 03-29-2011, 03:17 AM
VIP / Contributor

Memory blur spells do not always wipe the hate list. The level of the mob has no bearing on whether or not mezzes wipe the hate list, it's a very low chance for that to happen. These are both working correctly and as intended.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

You're absolutely correct, Uthgaard. On Project1999, Memory Blur does not always wipe hate lists and the level of the monster does not affect whether or not Mesmerise succeeds in wiping hate.

However in Classic Everquest, which this server aims best to emulate, these spells functioned differently. Hence Enchanters are not classic, in fact they're a terrible representation as Mesmerize/Memory Blur are staples of the class and do not function properly.

I show as irrefutable evidence the Caster's Realm spell information for Mesmerize and monster levels affecting memory wipe. Caster's Realm was the premiere website for spell data before there was Lucy's, and Caster's Realm was THE place to go to for Enchanter info as many of the moderators of that site were Enchanters.

Casters Realm states:
Quote:
Entrance is the third in the "enrapture" series.

Entrance when successfully cast upon the NPC target holds the monster is a mesmerised state for 72 seconds.

During this time any non-damage debuff may be cast upon the target. These include Tashan, the Weaken Series, or Slow Series.

An entranced target has a chance of having its Hate List wiped, similiar to the effects of Memory Blur. Just make sure you are beyond the frenzy range when it wears off to increase your chance of success.

Note: On monsters above Level 30 the memory blur is very unreliable.
This is how Mesmerize worked on classic Everquest. Under 30 = Always mem wiped. Above 30 = a chance at mem wipe (Usually it was 25% chance of it wiping).

In regards to Memory Blur on this server, it is clearly broken. It is resisted heavily on green monsters. However Caster's Realm shows how the spell operated in Classic Everquest:

Quote:
This spell reduces the target's "hate list," and is very rarely resisted.

This spell has many potential applications, among them unfrenzying NPCs from their targets, allowing casters to burn heavily without attracting unwanted attention, and terminating combats with non-hostile NPCs.

It can also be used to terminate NPC pets that have lost their masters.

Note: The spell actually works by wiping an amount of damage done to the monster. If a monster has particularly large amounts of hitpoints it may take two or three blurs to wipe their list. The recast delay is quite long so don't expect it to save you all the time.
Note that the spell is very rarely resisted, akin to Tashan or Lifetap. In addition, the spell wipes large amounts of hate, making it quite effective at negating kill stealing or helping prevent Enchanters and other casters from getting creamed by an angry monster. This is in stark contrast to the way it works on Project 1999. Currently, Memory Blur does not work in any capacity whatsoever, and given its mana costs and high recast time is not worthy of using.

For both of these spells to work as intended they must work as how they did in Classic EQ, and Caster's Realm from 2000(along with testimony of many people on this server who played Enchanters during this time) proves just how those spells are intended to operate.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

You have obviously not tried memory bluring a mezzed mob in the past couple of days.

I was getting succesful wipes on targets that I have mez'd all day long in Chardok with Reoccuring Amnesia.

Tash is unresistable, do not compare the resist rates on that to any other spell.
Blur is now set to always land from what i can tell of 8+ hours of usage yesterday. It is succesful a pretty decent amount of the time.
Last edited by guineapig; 03-29-2011 at 06:06 PM..
Old 03-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

I tried yesterday on a green Sarnak Flunkie outside OT. He reaggroed every single time.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried yesterday on a green Sarnak Flunkie outside OT. He reaggroed every single time.
Maybe it's a specific one of the blur spells that isn't working then?

Can you post exactly what spells you cast in what order?
Was it green to the point were it would not agro you if you walked up next to it? If not were you out of agro range when the mez wore off?
And finally, how many times did you attempt the blur?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Ok I just ran a test off some green lizards in Feerrott. They were so green they did not aggro when I stood next to them. Half of the time mem blur worked, the other half it did not. Here's what I cast:

Out of aggro range I cast mesmerize. It landed. Then I cast mem blur. Then I sat way out of aggro range and waited. Roughly half the time mesmerize wore off and there was no aggro, the other half mesmerize wore off and the lizard came running after me. I also tried Mesmerize->Tashan-> Mem blur but it had the same results.
Closed Thread