Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 04:36 AM
Large Bat

Default New to P99

Hi all,

I'm new to the server. I made a chanter b/c I hoped that it would be fairly easy to find groups.. I don't enjoy soloing at all really. I'm used to charming, so I thought it would be a good fit...also used to playing a raid cleric, shaman, druid. I decided to try out this server b/c the community seems to be pretty good after talking with some people who've been here a long time. I have a couple of Q's if someone would indulge me please?

1) Is it relatively easy to group all the way to 60 on P99? Are there enough people going to dungeons or instead do you have to solo a lot of the way? My favorite places are the chaotic ones like Guk, Seb, Chardok, The Hole, etc.

2) Also, I would like to be a part of the raiding scene. Am I making a mistake by going w/ a chanter if I want to raid eventually? I don't mind rolling a bard, shaman, mage, ranger, etc, but I'm not into tanking tbh. I just don't want to invest tons of hours into a toon if I'll be shut out of raids.

3) Is there a certain protocol to getting on a raid team? I.E., should I contact some guilds first to see what they are recruiting before investing a lot of time in a main? I'm used to the TLP servers where it seems like most guilds only recruit a few classes at a time IME.

Anyway, thanks for any advice you can give. Hope to see you guys in game.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I know nothing about the raid scene, but if you stick with CB->Unrest/Upper Guk-> MM/HHK there are definitely groups. I don't know about Lower Guk but it seems like a good spot in between Highkeep and CoM
Old 06-16-2018, 05:26 AM
Planar Protector

You can certainly group to 60 as an enchanter. The usual dungeons often have groups going. However, it seems recently that people are mostly clustering in the high ZEM zones. You can certainly group in other dungeons, but you may need to put the group together yourself.

I have raided very little on P99, so I can't speak for enchanters specifically. However, people like clarity, so I'm certain you can raid. I don't believe any classes are really shut out of raids here. They just take the bodies available at the time. That's my impression anyway. I could be mistaken.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:02 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Always play a class that you enjoy playing and don't worry so much about what a guild is looking for. They will take you (and put you to work) no matter what class you are. As long as you can play it well and are helpful/have a good attitude..that will take you a long way.

As an enchanter on a raid you can have a few different roles depending on where you are/what you're killing. If you're killing targets in Kael, you'll be charming. You will also play the role of goalkeeper during pulls. If you don't know what that is, it's ensuring that the pull is clean by peeling off adds and running them away/mem blurring them. A good amount of the time you'll just be a buffing with haste and clarity. Bottom line is you will absolutely be useful on any raid. The top raid guilds won't even look at you until you're 60 or maybe a few levels less so don't worry about them until you get that high. There are other guilds that take lower level characters and also do some raiding with their high level guys so that might be a good starting point.

You can check out the guild discussion forum for a guild that seems like it would be a good fit for you here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=18

Best of luck! Welcome to the server!
Serraphina Lacrimosa <Paradigm Shift> - 56 Rogue
Old 06-16-2018, 06:13 AM
Fire Giant

If you want to raid on p99 I suggest planning ahead on what class you want to play as your back up.

Alot of raiding on p99 is being camped out / bound outside ToV and ready to login or gate back to TOV when something spawns.

This type of raiding and flash mobilization that happens on p99 can greatly reduce or make it harder to enjoy your raid character during respawn windows

Just my opinion best way to raid on p99 if you are deadset on it is to have a raid character that you are very comfortable with not playing hardly at all aside from moving them around for different windows
Old 06-16-2018, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

I suggest you go to the dungeons you’d like to hunt in. If you don’t find groupmates there, just recruit using /who class level all (eg “/ 30 40 all warrior” will return all warriors levels 30-40 that are not /role or /anon). If you need to solo a bit while your group assembles, you’ll keep those enchanter skills sharp.

Once you get up to raiding level, there are a lot of options when it comes to guild choice. You will meet folks along the way and learn the scene. As an enchanter, there are times you may feel like just a buffbot, but enchanters are very important in many encounters, and are solid contributors in many more.

Welcome to the server.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:54 PM
Large Bat

Default Thx

Thanks all for the advice. I will look into going to those zones and doing a search to start groups if necessary.

I look forward to going back to my favorite places once I get a little higher in lvl.

Cheers!
Old 06-16-2018, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Send Amyas a tell in game.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:20 AM
Large Bat

Excellent advice - one of the things about the game is the work ethic. Something of Value is worth working for. May as well enjoy the experience of the long grind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread