Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

Wink Surnames, can you change them?

Hi guys, one very simple newbie question.

Can you, once achieving level 20 get a surname option and can this surname be changed every few weeks?

Or is it permanent? Just wondering if I should add one and later change it if the mood strikes me? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Many hugs and cheers from the Isthmus!
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 05-01-2018, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Sure just /petiton and day I want to change my surname.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 05-01-2018, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

I have no knowledge of this personally, but it seems to me that any time the (all volunteer) staff takes the time to deal with a name change request, they probably can see how many times your name has been changed. If they think it's too many and you've been wasting their time they have the power to refuse, or even (if you cheese them off) give you a new, unfortunate, and permanent surname.

My advice: don't tempt the gods.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-01-2018 at 11:40 PM..
Old 05-02-2018, 01:06 AM
Fire Giant

You used to be able to /surname once a week and it would auto change without needing a GM. Did they remove this?
Old 05-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no knowledge of this personally, but it seems to me that any time the (all volunteer) staff takes the time to deal with a name change request, they probably can see how many times your name has been changed. If they think it's too many and you've been wasting their time they have the power to refuse, or even (if you cheese them off) give you a new, unfortunate, and permanent surname.

My advice: don't tempt the gods.
Hmmm this gives me time to ponder then, if its on a special case basis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Was not aware of this, and like the posted above I wanted to know if you could do it every few days via /command .

Guess not then , good to know thanks for the info! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 05-03-2018, 08:25 AM
Large Rat

Just be judicious. I rolled an ogre sk and got the name "Geet" to go through. I have so many good surnames I'm gonna have to make them count. Lucky, Some, Schwifty, etc.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmm this gives me time to ponder then, if its on a special case basis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well again I don't know specifically, so if /surname works great [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But if it doesn't, all I'm saying is that with any activity that does require (volunteer) staff time, you want to be conscious of that fact and not be a drain on their time.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

GMs have changed my Ranger's surname for me twice. Thankfully since I had some horrible ones
Closed Thread