Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Default Bull Smasher Quest:

Heya, found this quested rather fantastic weapon doable in Ak'Anon: http://wiki.project1999.com/Red_V_Clockwork

I have some questions though, as some things are a little unclear...I've gotten the faction for the quest, so no issues there, but I'm confused about a few things:

1. Did I do something to fuck up my necro faction? People don't seem to mention that the necro guild leaders are hostile to you and it's very difficult to navigate those tunnels without them killing you. Can I fix this?

2. Do I have to complete the C Level boxes quest, get the readout, hand it into the dude, every single time I want to do a hand in? Can I just go into the mines and farm Red V and other Obsolete models and just hand in without doing all that crap over and over again?

Thanks
Old 04-14-2018, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

In case anyone was curious:

1. Nope, can't fix, but you can maneuver around the mines to avoid the necros anyways.

2. No, if you have sufficient rep you can just go kill Red V, put the pieces in the box, and hand it in to Manik. In fact, you can complete one box, then loot and load up a second box, then hand in -> complete the box -> hand in second box.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

If you feel so inclined feel free to add those notes to the wiki (future questors are more likely to find them there than in this forum post).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Never heard of this quest before. 6/20 is a really great ratio for that level. Is this a classic quest or was it added during Kunark or Velious?
Old 04-14-2018, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah that has always been my plan for a hypothetical Green99 server lol.
Start some Gnome Magician of Brell Serilis to level 8 (good faction with the warriors, can invis to get past the necros, can solo the quest mobs naked easily), do that quest over and over until you get the Bull Smasher, then start a warrior dwarf/gnome or a paladin dwarf to fight with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm wondering if this quest exists since the very beginning of classic EQ as well.

Thanks for testing #2 Kich, I had the same question [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2018, 06:11 PM
Fire Giant

I was able to complete this quest using a Halfling Cleric on Fennin Ro server several months before Kunark dropped. At the time my cleric didn't have to do any faction work at all. I was fresh off the boat to Faydwer and leveled up to 9 in the usual Crushbone manner. The problem for me with the quest is that getting the parts to complete a box would take an hour each, sometimes a little longer, and getting the Hammer reward felt extremely rare. It took me about 14 tries, I believe. It might have been more but I'm certain it was less than 18 tries.

It was a pretty good weapon and was much better than the Shining Star of Light I was using except for a pair of things. The Shining Star of Light, which was hideously easy to get, and had its proc effect that would cleanse you of disease / poison and add like 4-5 hit points which fired off like 3-4 times per fight. It went off a LOT. It also removed Ghoul Root on one proc which I distinctly recall saving me from a bullcrap train in Unrest.

The other thing was the Shining Star was a Magic weapon. The Bull Smasher is not, and was a problem vs Mummies / Ghouls / Scarecrows.
Closed Thread