Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Large Rat

Default Great to be back..

First of all I'd like to start off by saying hello! I'm delighted to have found out about project 1999 and have just started playing.

My question is this... It's been a hell of a long time since I played EQ in a starting zone and I can barely remember what to do (seeing as though it kinda throws you in at the deep end with not many pointers!). I'm basically just wondering whats the best way to get the ball rolling as a DE Necro... are there any quests I should be doing straight away or should i just be jumping straight into bashing mobs and gaining levels, selling loot, etc?

Any response would be appreciated!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Default Ad

I know you said dark elf necro but i would think about rerolling an erudite necro... Why? 1) You will be almost none kos everywhere except ak anon and parts of qeynos and the dark elf cleric guild. Starting off you get a nice +mana/hp staff that is magic and has a nice dot proc at 10. At 4 go to qeynos and kill gnolls for teeth, which makes u lvl even faster. The high int and sta is a plus... Depending on your level i would think about rerolling. Wisps and bandit sashes are great quests for money starting off and gettin great exp while u do it.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

Also this.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1000

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Kobold

I'll say welcome, listen to what they said, and if you want to be a DE be a DE. But even though quest is in he name there aren't many worthwhile that low. If you can run to Qeynos and bind away from the guards you can kill gnolls to raise faction enough to turn in teeth eventually.

I'm a big fan of play the race you want, forget the bonuses each gets. Everything evens out with gear anyway.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for the replies. I ended up rolling an Erudite necro, went to qeynos via boat at level 4 and immediately got my ass whipped by the first woman in a robe that i came across haha. Shouldn't be too much hassle getting my corpse back.. but is it really worth the hassle of trying to get to the gnolls rather than sticking close to paineel? Is it easily done through the aqueducts at all? I'm imagining it would take a while to stop the clerics/paladins of qeynos being kos and I'd only end up having to go back to paineel to get level 8 spells.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Fire Giant

One bonus to going gnome is you got a very solid newbie zone levels 1-10, and from there you can do some lesser fay bandits, butcherblock etc... till you can hop to Unrest / Antonica.

As a gnome you generally aren't KOS to gnomes and dwarves and most humans (just stay away from kelethin and felwithe).

Rolling human is even easier, since there are a zillion bored high levels in the EC Tunnel that can buff you, and once you figure out how to get to your guildmasters under EFP Sewers you are set.

Side bonus to human-gnome : zillions of skeletons in the newbie zones to supply you with bone chips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhills [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm imagining it would take a while to stop the clerics/paladins of qeynos being kos and I'd only end up having to go back to paineel to get level 8 spells.
I could be wrong, but isn't there a necro trainer guy and spell seller in the catacombs (aqueducts?) in Qeynos?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could be wrong, but isn't there a necro trainer guy and spell seller in the catacombs (aqueducts?) in Qeynos?
A little late now anyway... After a corpse run back from Qeynos i seemingly stepped into the wrong portal in Erudin and got killed in one hit as soon as i stepped through! Decided it was gonna be a struggle to get my corpse back and started again as a DE as i originally intended haha.

Got myself to level 8 now and can't stop playing! If anyone's reading this, I'm gonna head to EC cos most of the mobs around nek forest are conning blue/green now, but I'm having trouble affording all my spells (only bought 3 when I hit 8). What's the best way to make a bit of quick money at my level? I started killing the spiders and selling their webs but seeing as though they con green now I'm gonna have to try something else!

Nostril - DE Necro
Closed Thread