Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Aviak

Default Canni 2. Check!

As I had never found myself doing much questing on live back in the day, one intention I wanted to bring over to p99 was a conscious effort to do more of them and eventually knock out the epic. Having recently reached lvl 40 on my shammy, Spearfish, and not having the bread to drop on purchasing canni 2, I saw fit to use my Friday night quest the spell.

Based on the walk through, it didn't look too incredibly daunting, and since I was planning on grinding some exp in CoM, I thought I'd start with the clay there. Also, I wasn't sure exactly how long I could expect getting all of the pieces might take, so I just decided to buckle in for the long haul. Early on in the night, clay dropped from the behemoth, I was pretty pleased and shortly thereafter the group dissolved and I set off on the run to TT. From this point on, the sheer awesomeness of p99 and the community really shined.

I located a froglok yun in TT and gave a quick ooc about engaging him, very quickly I was instructed by several folks that this was a bad idea haha! Just as I thought for a split second that I might be better off arranging to get some help another time and with my cursor over the gate spell, I had a tell from a great dude named Malathas who was on site in almost an instant and rooting the shammy. Few mins later and I got the powder; thanks Malathas! After that, I made the run to FV and then sailed into TD, looted diamond dust ground spawn, and then on to KC. Literally right when I zoned in and ooc'd about greyish chips, a resounding response from lcy that they were on warlords corpse and also some assistance to over to the camp! Thanks members from FoH and Clue maybe, the whole lot, I appreciated that.

All in all, the run through took me about two hours from the clay in CoM to the turn in at FV; yeah yeah I get it, probably a pretty routine quest, but for me it was a fairly new undertaking as somebody who didn't really experience Kunark either on live and as I said before, went into the evening unsure of my chances of success. I was back in CoM with some great people that night just converting my flesh to mana to no end! General theme of this post, EQ and p99 never cease to amaze me, and thanks to all of you for making that possible. Cheers!
Old 02-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Aviak

Noted.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Kobold

Awesome man! Congratulations!
Old 02-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

See this is the kind of stuff I read that reminds me of the magic everquest has. Not only the description of this shamans adventure, but all of the adventurers who aided in the quest along the way.

And of course the satisfaction afterwards when you're scribing that spell and casting it for the first time.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-06-2017, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

I just want to say congrats to the OP. Canni 2 is a very useful spell.
sorry for deleting my first post.

Believe it or not,. IN CLASSIC canni 2 is pretty damn efficient.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Believe it or not,. IN CLASSIC canni 2 is pretty damn efficient.
Also if you have a healer in group with some spare mana to cast on you. Or plenty of hp but need mana in a pinch. Scribe both canni 1 and 2 and you can chaincast one after the other iirc.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also if you have a healer in group with some spare mana to cast on you. Or plenty of hp but need mana in a pinch. Scribe both canni 1 and 2 and you can chaincast one after the other iirc.
Or just put canni 2 in your first spell slot and use a clickie to chaincast canni2
Last edited by karkaroth; 02-06-2017 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: oopsie
Old 02-06-2017, 07:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkaroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or just put canni 2 in your first spell slot and use a clickie to chaincast canni2
True, but not everyone has a clicky, or not everyone has one usable for indoor and outdoor zones.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:36 PM
Orc

Kromzek Surveyor Scope ftw.

Inexpensive and easy to get for instance click spell refresh
Old 02-06-2017, 07:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, but not everyone has a clicky, or not everyone has one usable for indoor and outdoor zones.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Spyglass
Closed Thread