Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 12:41 AM
Aviak

Default New Ogre, want to group with people

This is my first time playing everquest in probably 15 years. Hoping to get on here to have a good time and meet some people. I'm also fairly new to everything EQ seeing as it's been so long, so was hoping to find out some things.

I noticed i have only 8 bag slots. Can I get more? Am I missing something obvious here?

How do I actually talk to people in game? As in, talk to global, etc. I was hoping I could chat while I'm slaying spiderlings and such.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriakh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is my first time playing everquest in probably 15 years. Hoping to get on here to have a good time and meet some people. I'm also fairly new to everything EQ seeing as it's been so long, so was hoping to find out some things.

I noticed i have only 8 bag slots. Can I get more? Am I missing something obvious here?

How do I actually talk to people in game? As in, talk to global, etc. I was hoping I could chat while I'm slaying spiderlings and such.
You can get more bags for your bag slots, yeah. Each of those slots can hold 1 bag. You'll probably want to have one or two of those slots free for a lightstone or clicky items or whatnot. If you're an ogre, Broxx Boxtripper or whatever in Oggok sells containers.

There's no global chat in old Everquest. /ooc will chat to your zone, /tell <playername> will talk to players directly, /say will talk to people in your immediate vicinity, /shout is like /ooc except your text will appear in red.

Welcome back, btw =)
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 12-14-2016, 05:04 PM
Large Rat

Also, when someone has messaged you directly, you can just tap r (without hitting enter) and it should automatically fill in the /w thatguysnamehere for you!
Old 12-14-2016, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Gonna go see this ogre and what his face looks like.
Wether has hope or not in the world out there.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome to the server!
Old 12-14-2016, 07:30 PM
Aviak

Thanks for all the welcomes! Are there any named mobs I should try farming at the lower levels?
Old 12-14-2016, 07:53 PM
Kobold

Welcome!!! I'm new as well and if you happen to make your way to the Kurns, I will see you there!
Old 12-14-2016, 07:57 PM
Aviak

So I just got a halberd to drop - I managed to get 8 bags for myself as a person gave me a little plat to buy some. I could not put the halberd in my bags so I had to destroy it. Is there anything I can do to avoid that?
Old 12-14-2016, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Found him, was ugly as sin. Lazy eye and drooling from mouth.
Probably won't return from jungle alive, devoured by spiderlings sooner or later.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriakh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I just got a halberd to drop - I managed to get 8 bags for myself as a person gave me a little plat to buy some. I could not put the halberd in my bags so I had to destroy it. Is there anything I can do to avoid that?
Have a bag that is giant or drop one of your eight bags in bank and keep an open space in inventory
Closed Thread