Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 12:05 AM
Large Bat

Default The Chetari

Rate it or hate it.
Random attempt at something that would fit the classic theme, nothing serious. Just want to hear people bash or discuss.
__________________________________________________ _________
Chetari
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Male and Female variants

Description
The Chetari are a race of Ratmen native to the continent of Velious in the Dragon Necropolis.

Two tribes are known to exist – Paebala Ratmen, who tolerate outsiders, and the xenophobic Chetari, who serve Zlandicar and will destroy anyone else. The history between the Necropolis’ two tribes of rat people is undocumented, but it involves a lot of fighting.

Chetari are, at best, a side note in the history of Norrath, though they are known to have fought bitterly and quite successfully against those expeditions launched into the Dragon Necropolis. Apparently, Zlandicar intended the Chetari to take care of anything less than a draconic strike force, leaving him free to pursue his work without disruptions.

There are also rumours of Chetari teams having been sent out by Zlandicar for obscure — but presumably unpleasant — purposes. Chetari are sometimes thought to be the ancestor of the secretive Ratonga race, which was encountered decades after the discovery of Velious. Whilst Ratonga claim this is true, it is unlikely that this theory is correct, though there might be a connection with the Paebala people.

The Dark Elves and exploratory Chetari have found that their goals align, and have formed a tenuous pact together. Although some Chetari have lost their pure white fur and bright red eyes upon leaving the Necropolis, these more common looking Ratmen are still just as sinister as their Chetari brothers and should not be confused for the more passive Paebala Ratmen.

Basic Information
  • Faction Alignment: Evil
  • Racial(s): Increased Consumption Rate, Scurry, Pack Rat
  • Starting City: Neriak
  • Playable Classes: Warrior, Necromancer, Rogue, Shadow Knight
  • Experience Modifier: 5% More Required per Level
  • Armor: Small, Medium Cannot Wear Robes
--------------------------------------------
Scurry
Chetari move quicker than other races, which gives them a great advantage when travelling unaided by magic.
  • Movement speed is increased by a latent 5% at all times
Pack Rat
The Ratmen have a natural affinity for carrying heavy loads to and fro, which increases the amount of weight they can carry before they become encumbered.
  • Chetari can carry x1.5 their STR value before becoming encumbered (red weight)
Increased Consumption Rate
Barbarians, Halflings, Ogres, Trolls, and Chetari all consume food and drink slightly faster than other races.
Infravision
Slightly improved night vision, not as good as the Dark Elf's Ultravision.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Great!

Post velious custom content

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 09-07-2016, 01:09 AM
Banned

Turn fire giants into a playable race and I will approve your rats
Old 09-07-2016, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

I want playable gnome clockworks! With a %2,000 - %3,000 exp penalty! That's right! 20 - 30 times slower to level!

Oh, neat, you got a level in 5 hours? Well, for a gnome clockwork....it takes 100 hours!!!!
Old 09-07-2016, 02:08 AM
Fire Giant

Tikitakiyiyiyi!
Old 09-07-2016, 07:52 AM
Kobold

How high are ratmen models to gnomes/dwarves/halflings?

Would be interesting to play a race that has to look up to the smallest current playable races.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:14 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want playable gnome clockworks! With a %2,000 - %3,000 exp penalty! That's right! 20 - 30 times slower to level!

Oh, neat, you got a level in 5 hours? Well, for a gnome clockwork....it takes 100 hours!!!!
lol, that's crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodors Finest Poster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Would be interesting to play a race that has to look up to the smallest current playable races.
I think they are actually as tall or taller than dwarves, not sure though.

I'm like everyone else here in that obviously this server has to remain classic but I think Velious should have had it's own race like Kunark did.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodors Finest Poster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They're about the same size, maybe a bit taller.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 09-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Aiyiyiyiyiyiyi!

Want to play one. Right now. Please make this happen.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

That's pretty cool. I immediately thought of the Ratonga when I saw them. Shouldn't the priest class be represented in some form, though? I think every race has at least one priest represented. Druid seems out of the question but shaman and/or cleric perhaps?