Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 04:43 PM
Large Rat

Default Gearing for new players

I'm a new player on p1999 blue however played eq for around 5 years starting around the time PoP came out. I made a bard 2 weeks ago and got it to 52 with swarming however I am currently in leather with no stats have a full suit of bronze but strength is to low to wear it. I have 2k plat to my name. I was just wondering what would be the fastest way to get some basic gear. Any ideas are appreciated, thanks
Old 06-22-2016, 10:01 PM
Sarnak

My god what is swarming and how did you get to 52 in 2 weeks. Reveal your secrets!
Old 06-23-2016, 03:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentEpilot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My god what is swarming and how did you get to 52 in 2 weeks. Reveal your secrets!
It's the un-classic parts of P99 (entire EMU project actually) in that there is a big unfixed bug and some lazy players choose to roll fail swarm kite strafe bards to "catch up" on this server and basically kill it in the process [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now at lvl 50, bards ask for handouts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO no idea of what's the point of playing p99 if only going to take the lazy beggars way that completely screws long time vet players (6+ years) of leveling up their alts in the normal fashion that we enjoy ...when not being molested by kite swarm bard players and driven to log out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uh heh.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:53 AM
Planar Protector

You could go do the lambent armour quests as a break from running round in circles?
Old 06-23-2016, 08:14 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the un-classic parts of P99 (entire EMU project actually) in that there is a big unfixed bug and some lazy players choose to roll fail swarm kite strafe bards to "catch up" on this server and basically kill it in the process [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now at lvl 50, bards ask for handouts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO no idea of what's the point of playing p99 if only going to take the lazy beggars way that completely screws long time vet players (6+ years) of leveling up their alts in the normal fashion that we enjoy ...when not being molested by kite swarm bard players and driven to log out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uh heh.
I'm a little confused, swarm kiting is "cheating" or is there a way (I'm not interested fyi) in actually cheating AT swarm kiting. I thought swarm kiting was a thing that was legit, like quad kiting for druids/wizards. I made a bard because I'm new, don't know anybody (at least their names) that play, so I wanted to be able to solo & build up some money to make a cleric worth playing (to at least afford spells, nothing fancy).
Old 06-23-2016, 02:54 PM
Kobold

Pay someone 100pp to get a suit of banded, then work on Lambent.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

@OP - I recommend you start with a plat making class.

If you really don't want to do that. ask high level players to help you out with plat or items. The community here on p99 is fantastic at helping new and young players get going on their adventure. Don't be shy!

Welcome to Project 1999! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:13 PM
Large Bat

Default /sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a new player on p1999 blue however played eq for around 5 years starting around the time PoP came out. I made a bard 2 weeks ago and got it to 52 with swarming however I am currently in leather with no stats have a full suit of bronze but strength is to low to wear it. I have 2k plat to my name. I was just wondering what would be the fastest way to get some basic gear. Any ideas are appreciated, thanks
I totally feel your pain! I also started playing about 2 weeks ago, and rolled an erudite paladin. I've made it to level 10, pulling one or two blue-con kobolds at a time (sometimes even a white-con when I'm feeling brave!) at the entrance to the Warrens. So far, I only have a combination of ringmail pieces from quests and some crustacean shell pieces that I got from... you know, interacting with and befriending people. I also raised my blacksmithing high enough to make my own weapons. Oh, and I got some JBoots and 500pp from participating in a player-run server event. But other than that...

-sheesh-[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-26-2016, 06:57 AM
Fire Giant

Ya once you use game genie, can it ever be the same after that?
Old 06-26-2016, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a little confused, swarm kiting is "cheating" or is there a way (I'm not interested fyi) in actually cheating AT swarm kiting. I thought swarm kiting was a thing that was legit, like quad kiting for druids/wizards. I made a bard because I'm new, don't know anybody (at least their names) that play, so I wanted to be able to solo & build up some money to make a cleric worth playing (to at least afford spells, nothing fancy).
Swarm kiting is not cheating at all, but a technique the bard can master. I have no trouble with it, but I guess those who do are thinking in the lines of "if everyone did bard swarming there would never be any outdoor mobs left in the game..." Is my guess.
Never had problems with bards swarming on this server. Chardok on the other hand...
Closed Thread