Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 05:47 AM
Large Rat

Default Gearing up a noob War

Hi everyone !

I am new to P1999, and like most of you I used to play EQ back in the days. Thought I started with Kunark.
I am now playing a lvl 10 dwarf warrior and mainly grouping in Crushbone for now. I have two newb questions to the more experienced classic players :
1) Where should I go hunt after Crushbone ?
2) What is the best way to equip my war ? Some nice people gave me a few pieces of bronze armor and the rest is cloth. I have about 30 pp in bank and wondering what I should do, as I understand warriors are very dependant on gear. Should I train blacksmith ? Is it worth it ?

Cheers !
Husk
Old 12-28-2010, 06:23 AM
Kobold

Try to get a full set of handout bronze and save your plat. The most important gear for a war are weapons that hold aggro. Your first options are obsidian shards (proc at 16 300-400 plat) or gnoll hide lariats (proc at 20, fairly cheap)
Reiker is a 30 watt fluorescent bulb. Reiker is a former freelance writer. Reiker is not skilled in the craft of writing. Reiker is also Teacher of the Year at Apopka High School. Reiker is affiliated with 2 hospitals. Reiker is a remote controlled space heater in the winter. Reiker is rated "EXCELLENT" in the following areas:
Old 12-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Large Rat

Thanks for the advice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

/ooc Looking for handout bronze armor !! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah, I wouldn't advise begging. People tend to not like it when you beg.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Fire Giant

Smithing can get you Banded Armor, which is decent enough until you're high enough to get your own Bronze through mob drops. Start by sharpening rusty weapons (Sharpening Stone + Rusty Weapon in a Forge), then move on to making Studs (which you can also use to skill up Tailoring with Medium Quality pelts if you like). EQTraders.com has some decent skillup guides... just be aware that not all recipes are available in Classic (like using your tarnished weapons to make pieces of ore and the dairy spoon skillup path).
Old 12-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

If I can offer you one piece of advice, it's this: Once you hit 20 (or is it 25?), use Gnoll Hide Lariats when you're tanking. Yes, you will not hit for much. Yes, people will laugh when you crit for 2 damage. However, very few weapons are available to us that beat out a simple stun proc, and Lariats are cheap to boot. Heck, if I see you online, I'll give you two.

I used at least one Lariat well into 50. It works just fine, even if it looks gimp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

noobs should gear up only for PEACE!

omg guys, did you see what i did there
Old 12-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Question about obsidian shard. It says that you need to level 16 for the obsidian shatter to proc. Is that just for the effect or do you need to be level 16 to equip the sword?

Old 12-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Just for the proc. I don't think there are any level requirements on any classic items as far as simply equipping them goes.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question about obsidian shard. It says that you need to level 16 for the obsidian shatter to proc. Is that just for the effect or do you need to be level 16 to equip the sword?
Just for the item to proc, you can equip any piece of gear at lvl 1 but effects are level based.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread