Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle
Default The name "Knuckle"

Hello!

Some background:

I started playing EQ garagebox in the winter of 2007. It was my first online game of any kind.

Knowing nothing whatsoever about lag and Linkdeath and latency, I chose to go on the most highly populated server, thinking this would be the best way to garner fame and fortune. That server, at that time, was VallonZek/Tallon Zek Legit PVP.

Knowing nothing (again) I chose a monk, and promptly wasted 5 points in Charisma, assuming that I'd be gaining skill ups through battle in stuff like STR and STA anyway.

I wanted the name Knu. Because EQ didn't allow 3 letter names, I got stuck with the name Knuckle.

On VZTZ, after some years of play, Knuckle eventually gained some of that fame and fortune he always wanted. He was an officer in one of the server's top guilds before the Heresy merger (Reviction). He became one of "those people" on the server whom everyone had heard of or seen or hung out with. His reputation was generally spotless, if I may say, and he played a LOT.

I wasted 3 years of my life, over 400 days played, over 700 Alt's and 60 levels, on Knuckle--Master Knuckle (a title I once had to fight for by posting on several of the game's most popular forums after an idiot Guide decided to take away the title, even after I'd had it for about 2 years by that point... I eventually did get it back, with the Guide's apologies). I quit EQ when my guild broke up, after we had lost just too many people... I think it was in 2010.

A part of me wishes my time on EQ had never happened... another part of me will forever and always be Knuckle.

So, when some old pals asked me to come try out Project1999, well, honestly, I jumped at the chance. I've always missed oldschool EQ and I highly doubt any new MMO will ever be as good as EQ was in its prime.

BUT........ the catch...... SOMEONE on the Project1999 server already has the name Knuckle

Now...... I wouldn't even bother making this post if I believed that the "Knuckle" name was common enough that tons of people had used it a ton back in the day. But honestly, in all my years of playing EQ and scouring the various boards of the various "big" servers, I never met any other Knuckle worth mentioning--that is, no other top level Knuckle, no other long-term, long-playing Knuckle.

I never met a Knuckle other than myself who wasn't an alt.

So.... I'm sure plenty of people will think me a jerk for even trying, but I'm humbly requesting that the "Knuckle" on Project1999, whoever he is, kindly relinquish the name back to its true owner.

If you're out there, Knuckle2... I don't know if you made the name as an homage to me or just as a coincidence, but let's talk! Perhaps we can come to some kind of agreement? I promise, if you give me back my name, I will help you with anything you need for as long as we're both playing And if you know Knuckle, you know that's a promise you can hang your hat on.

OR, if anyone reading this knows who this new Knuckle is, and could let me know the situation, I'd truly appreciate it.

Thanks!

-Master Knuckle
Officer of Spiroc Air Tribe
Garagebox Server
Old 12-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Banned

Knuckle the Celeb
Old 12-24-2010, 01:05 AM
Banned

Lol bro, You don't "own" the name "Knuckle" across all servers. Hes not a "new" Knuckle, You are the new Knuckle since he was here first. Hes going to delete his character so you can have his name? Lol, get real.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:12 AM
Sarnak

I think it's a simple request. Somebody probably wanted Knuckle Toe as a name. If they can work it out great [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

OUT OF THE WAY PECK!

Quote:
12:53 <Littlegyno> nilberg
12:53 <Littlegyno> i was
12:53 <Littlegyno> gonna have pix
Old 12-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Sarnak

FOR THE LOVE OF CHRISTMAS, SOMEONE GIVE THIS MAN HIS NAME BACK
Old 12-24-2010, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FOR THE LOVE OF CHRISTMAS, SOMEONE GIVE THIS MAN HIS NAME BACK
My name on live was Kimmie Potpie, can I have it back?

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 12-24-2010, 01:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My name on live was Kimmie Potpie, can I have it back?
You know this is really convenient because my names were

Rhambuk Slowgre
and
Loralai Swindlefoot

Trade?
Old 12-24-2010, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

For those not in the know.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 12-24-2010, 02:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't think it even needed to be said [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-24-2010, 02:12 AM
Banned

Looks like a very good day for some

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Basketball
Last edited by Smedyx; 12-24-2010 at 02:15 AM..
Closed Thread