Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Default Best places to hunt in Velious

Given the number of posts that we have on Kunark in this section, it's obvious that everyone here likes to plan out things way ahead of time. So, with the release of Velious due sometime between now and the end of the world in 2012, it might be the best time for people to start planning what to do with characters that they may not even have when the expansion goes live.

Torqumada
Old 12-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Banned

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6461

awakening the sleeper will be goal #1 of most raid guilds. Preventing other guilds from ever having avatar weapons is the goal you know.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

awakening the sleeper will be goal #1 of most raid guilds. Preventing other guilds from ever having avatar weapons is the goal you know.
By that logic, I would say the number 1 goal would be to farm said avatar weapons, thereby making the awakening of the sleeper a #2 goal.

I truly hope it doesn't come to that here but...
Old 12-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

nah, I think it'd take a level of spite (and skill/numbers, come to think of it) that is as of yet unseen on this server for someone to wake the sleeper.

Although we are sorta getting ahead of ourselves. I did chuckle at your 2012/end of the world comment, hehehe
Old 12-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since this server doesn't progress past Velious, I'd hope whatever top guilds are still around at that time would be able to come to an agreement that it benefits everyone to not wake the sleeper.

Denying other guilds weapons works both ways, as you also deny yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Although we are sorta getting ahead of ourselves. I did chuckle at your 2012/end of the world comment, hehehe
Which is my point.

Torqumada
Old 12-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Large Rat

Quote:

It's not possible to deny other guilds from ever having Avatar weapons, because even if the Sleeper is awakened, other weapons that proc avatar will still drop in ST.

They just won't have the street cred that comes from being pre-awakening weapons. :P
Old 12-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by XegonyForever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not possible to deny other guilds from ever having Avatar weapons, because even if the Sleeper is awakened, other weapons that proc avatar will still drop in ST.

They just won't have the street cred that comes from being pre-awakening weapons. :P
I'm pretty sure they had the same stats as the Primal Weapons but did not proc AVatar.
EDIT: Oh wait it changes around so many times... Primal, Velium, Prismatic, Secundae. Which ones were droppable at the same time, any?
Last edited by Aadill; 12-09-2010 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: Holy crap I forgot this zone
Old 12-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

In any case Awakening the Sleeper wouldn't be all that difficult, it's killing him that would be near impossible.

I agree that it would be extremely crappy for a guild to try and wake him though...

This should be more of a end of server event and a joint effort once all is said and done and the devs stop adding content to the server. We're talking a minimum of 2 years down the road.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with my good pal guineapig on these points ^^