Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default Tracking The Beast - Wuoshi

So, some of you might have seen my thread in the guild forum. Rosen Windstep from <Archers Vow>, a guild of a handful of rangers who have dedicated themselves to becoming the greatest archers Norrath has ever seen!

Anyhow, I'm starting to get a bit bigger in levels....and I've had my eye on Wuoshi for a while (considering she has a legendary bow that could bring me one step closer to being a great archer!).

Of course, I can't just run out and kill her....at least not yet.

So instead, I'm starting to gather information! I've tried to ask around a bit, but figured might as well make a thread here to get a bit more.

Here is what I'm lookin to know....

1) What guilds hunt her? I know many of the higher guilds don't because of their faction hits..... so, who does?

2) What is her spawn time? I heard 3 days +- 12 hours? That actually seems pretty fast....but I have been regularly checking wakening lands for a week and haven't seen a raid force there....

3) How many people are needed to take her down? I looked at her abilities and she seemed pretty mean actually....

Humm, yup, basically just those for right now. Eventually I'll track her down and get the bow!! But...well, first step if just gathering information so I can start to keep tabs on what is happening with her.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Aviak

I don't think its really the faction hit, I think its more for the effort/time it takes her loot really sucks.

I think the average kill force is 35-45... probably minimum of 25? Shes fairly mean with the fear sticking so easily.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridiculousmoose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think its more for the effort/time it takes her loot really sucks.
Impossible! The skydarkener is beautiful!!!
Old 02-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Impossible! The skydarkener is beautiful!!!
It's okay. but so many better bows out there. Including ones you can buy.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-10-2016, 08:24 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is her spawn time? I heard 3 days +- 12 hours? That actually seems pretty fast....but I have been regularly checking wakening lands for a week and haven't seen a raid force there....
Just get a WL port from me...guaranteed to meet Wuoshi up close and personal every time! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think she is currently using my corpse as a new lamp shade.

-Caib
P99 Blue
Old 02-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Humm, another question....been considering unconventional tactics to try and kill her. How often do mobs summon the person at the top of their agro list? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's okay. but so many better bows out there. Including ones you can buy.
If you have a billion plats maybe :P Which I don't :P

Quote:
I think she is currently using my corpse as a new lamp shade.
She just killed you?!
Old 02-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
She just killed you?!
Oh no, she usually takes out my entire passenger manifest. The charge backs are killing my margins.

-Caib
P99 Blue
Old 02-10-2016, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by delonm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh no, she usually takes out my entire passenger manifest. The charge backs are killing my margins.

-Caib
P99 Blue
lmao
Old 02-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Fire Giant

I feel a Call to Arms coming to help this Ranger aquire the legendary Skydarkener, you have my monks fists or clerics holy powers!
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 02-10-2016, 09:56 AM
Kobold

1) Most raiding guilds happily destroy Wuoshi just to be able to port. Most raiders have at least one toon who does not care about faction hits. Noone cares that much about Wuoshi's loot.

2) 3 days respawn +- 18 hours afaik.

3) Usually a force of 20+ people if they max out RM. It could be done with less, it's definitely done with more.

Bonus question: mobs summon every few seconds if you run out of range of their melee attacks. There is no kiting raid mobs when you start damaging them.

Speaking of unconventional ways to kill, I actually wonder if you could have rangers with a 200 range bow + 150 range arrows shooting outside of AoE range.
You would still need a tank and healers.
That would be excruciatingly slow and expensive because archery sucks, but it seems to be what you are into.
Closed Thread