Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-04-2016, 07:59 PM
Kobold

Default I crash with tells

Ok so I've tested this and its random and new...just started today. Whenever I receive a tell I crash.... it's freaking annoying.

EDIT: acxtually I crash about 1 minute into being in the game. I have rebooted...I have tried the duxa fix....anything else I should try?
Last edited by Lord_Snow; 01-04-2016 at 08:15 PM..
Old 01-05-2016, 12:27 AM
Kobold

Default Figured it out

Ok so the problem started after I bought a Light Velium Claihdmore. I can log into every character on my account and play for an extended period of time, but when I log onto my SK with the newly purchased item the game only lets him stay in the world for 20 seconds. Please please please any GM's who can help PLEASE! I'm also posting this on the petition forums, cause I petitioned it on my rogue.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

your pixels have internet herpes
Old 01-05-2016, 01:24 AM
Kobold

Lol thats what my guild told me to.

Well a guide got in touch with me and said to delete my character_something.ini files and a uifiles_whatever.ini but I dont have those in my directory.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Kobold

If I attack it guarentees freezeing....
Old 01-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

do you have a chat box that is sized very small where you're filtering out text? I used to use a chat box for /ooc to filter out that text while raiding, once I sized it too small and any time I'd get an /ooc I'd freeze up.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 01-05-2016, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashintar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do you have a chat box that is sized very small where you're filtering out text? I used to use a chat box for /ooc to filter out that text while raiding, once I sized it too small and any time I'd get an /ooc I'd freeze up.
Bingo. I had it happen to me before as well. Gotta be careful to not size your chat boxes down to less than the height of 1 line, I always go 2 lines just to be safe.

If you are unable to find and resize that chat box before you crash, you need to locate your locate your UI_Charactername_project1999.ini file and delete it. If you do not have that file then you have a huge problem because the game can't run without it. If all else fails, delete and do a fresh install.
Last edited by Joyelle; 01-05-2016 at 11:42 AM..