Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

Default Grind out 59 on necro

What options are there for grinding out lvl 59 solo?

I know HS is the place to go but I'm looking for a more semi-afk spot. HS tends to get hectic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Geos on WL an option? Tried the ogres in Neriak by arena but those break root way to much for my liking - atleast at 57.

Velks could work but xp really do suck in there at 58, can only imagen how it would feel in hell level...
Old 11-06-2015, 07:21 AM
Sarnak

Bear pits permafrost is an option, a good one too if you enjoy annoying druids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anything that doesn't involve charming is going to be slow as hell, so yeah HS is the place to get through 59.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bear pits permafrost is an option, a good one too if you enjoy annoying druids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anything that doesn't involve charming is going to be slow as hell, so yeah HS is the place to get through 59.
Bear pits if only viable if you can charm the bears (Druid and Chanter) otherwise it takes a fucking monumental amount of mana to kill one bear. I attempted this on my necro and it was incredibly inefficient. Do not recommend at all.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know HS is the place to go but I'm looking for a more semi-afk spot. HS tends to get hectic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll assume you're referring to HS wings and basement.

Have you tried the golems at the wings' doors? Same high ZEM, AFK friendly static pairs, easy to pull singles all day long. There's a total of eight (six if you're afraid of the East pather) plus the two roamers at the landing zone.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

I know someone who did 59 as a necro at the giant fort in Burning Woods...don't do that, you'll be lucky to get 2% a session.

I bit the bullet on mine, organized some guild groups for Sebilis and did a 14 hour marathon in crypt with some random guys with a charmed pet (people bitch about necro dps, but they soon hush their gums when you've got a necro/enchanter combo destroying everything with 2 charmed pets) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you go that route, always say in your LFG that you're happy to charm an undead pet. If you get a group for another camp, go down to the crypt door assuming it's clear and just stand at it... a roamer will either attack immediately or will move up to you through the door. Charm that and you're in for a good session <3

Or there's HS...no bad place to be but the basement is slow at 59. Consider a duo/trio, take a wing and things should be ez pz.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:07 PM
Orc

HS North
Old 11-06-2015, 05:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bear pits if only viable if you can charm the bears (Druid and Chanter) otherwise it takes a fucking monumental amount of mana to kill one bear. I attempted this on my necro and it was incredibly inefficient. Do not recommend at all.
You were doing it wrong. Root rotting perhaps ? Fear kiting is viable if you take the time to learn the pathing. The OP wanted something that's semi afkish to grind (no mention of efficiency).. Ofc, compared with HS north/west charming, nothing is efficient.

It's an option, and at a minimum worth checking out if only to say you've been there done that, strange little place. What would you recommend?
Old 11-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Kobold

HS North

Safe and simple..
Old 11-09-2015, 02:50 AM
Kobold

Didn't want to create a new thread... but I'm in the same position but as a wizard... sooo my options are limited. Any ideas? Should I just grind cash for an AoE group?
Old 11-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Planar Protector

You could just not proxy and take the XP on each pull til 60.
Closed Thread