Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Skeleton

Default Consensus On Monk AC?

I know for a long time everyone thought weight didn't affect AC until mid 40s or so. Is this still the consensus?
Old 10-05-2015, 09:35 AM
Kobold

I thought this was "it doesn't matter that weight changes AC." At level 21 on my iksar monk, I can see the AC change when I sell crap and then buy up gems to offset all the weight.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

It does affect lower level monks, but it's not worth worrying about until higher level. You need plat so loot all you can and wear whatever upgrades you can get.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 10-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMartigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought this was "it doesn't matter that weight changes AC." At level 21 on my iksar monk, I can see the AC change when I sell crap and then buy up gems to offset all the weight.
That's a more accurate way of putting it. I shouldn't be posting this early in the morning.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:45 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does affect lower level monks, but it's not worth worrying about until higher level. You need plat so loot all you can and wear whatever upgrades you can get.
I thought a lot of people were under the impression that this mechanic was broken on all emu servers? Am I just remembering this wrong?
Old 10-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vira108 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought a lot of people were under the impression that this mechanic was broken on all emu servers? Am I just remembering this wrong?
its definitely in game - but its also not worth worrying about until very high level. Loot away my friends!
Old 10-05-2015, 04:18 PM
Kobold

What is "very high level"? I ask because all the sudden I feel like I'm getting blasted when soloing!

I fluctuate between 25-40 stones on my now 27 untwinked monk depending on how long it's been since a bank visit.

Edit - not saying 27 is very high, just want an opinion on when I should start caring.
Last edited by JboxCSU; 10-05-2015 at 04:41 PM..
Old 10-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JboxCSU [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is "very high level"? I ask because all the sudden I feel like I'm getting blasted when soloing!

I fluctuate between 25-40 stones on my now 27 untwinked monk depending on how long it's been since a bank visit.

Edit - not saying 27 is very high, just want an opinion on when I should start caring.
I noticed this too at lower levels, especially when low on HP. Check your agi/ac if you fall below 30-40% hp while at that weight. I never investigated enough to pin down thresholds and just started watching my weight around 11. I only looted things like gems and /random for rares from that point.

Monks don't really need gear for classic game anyway. A larger hp pool makes for less downtime solo though in the absence of regen and there are several very cheap weapons that will last you long time ^^ resistances can be useful too for casters, but again not mandatory. Bone chips can finance a decent weapon (wqs). Overall no need to loot heavy stuff.

Also, I tanked for almost all of my groups (mostly naked) through MM, CoM, KC, Velks, etc. hence my aversion to the weight penalties. If you aren't tanking or soloing then it doesn't matter much. You might just sponge a bit more mana on pulls/splits.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010417a.html

This patch should be coming up in the timeline. +1 stone allowance for every 15 levels until 50. Then +2 stones. Max of 24 weight at 60, 14 at level 1.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed this too at lower levels, especially when low on HP. Check your agi/ac if you fall below 30-40% hp while at that weight. I never investigated enough to pin down thresholds and just started watching my weight around 11. I only looted things like gems and /random for rares from that point.

Monks don't really need gear for classic game anyway. A larger hp pool makes for less downtime solo though in the absence of regen and there are several very cheap weapons that will last you long time ^^ resistances can be useful too for casters, but again not mandatory. Bone chips can finance a decent weapon (wqs). Overall no need to loot heavy stuff.

Also, I tanked for almost all of my groups (mostly naked) through MM, CoM, KC, Velks, etc. hence my aversion to the weight penalties. If you aren't tanking or soloing then it doesn't matter much. You might just sponge a bit more mana on pulls/splits.
Thanks man, I'll check my AC/Agi next time I'm fighting a blue...I know it tanks hard when below 20%, but maybe there is another one I'm missing at a higher health%. If so I'll start going commando...that Wus stick is heavy.
Closed Thread