Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 06:39 AM
Sarnak

Default Why should people roll on red? ATN: Swish

The fact blue has a larger population is much more attractive to me.

Red's economy is better apparently, which is very nice, but meh. Supposedly green is coming out eventually. Can probably wait for that since I only started on Blue like 5 days ago.

Maybe Swish can convince me.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:51 AM
Banned

global OOC makes triggering fallujah PTSD a breeze

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2015, 07:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
global OOC makes triggering fallujah PTSD a breeze

Red Server is full of totally sane, normal people that don't use heavy drugs on a daily basis.

Dive right in friends!
Old 09-16-2015, 07:21 AM
Banned

Old 09-16-2015, 07:21 AM
Banned

^veteran detected
Old 09-16-2015, 07:43 AM
Sarnak

you ever go to walmart just to make yourself feel better?
Old 09-16-2015, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by surron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you ever go to walmart just to make yourself feel better?
every week when i pick up the scrip at the walmart pharmacy, mah boy
Old 09-16-2015, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Default Red99 has something for everyone - Bluebie perspective

Not everyone should. It depends on what you are looking for ^^ I just rolled a character there out of curiosity stemming from all the advertising. I have not been much of amp per in my gaming career, so I am sure others will have different reasons to share, but these are my reasons for continuing to play there:

1. Classic Gameplay. Someone is bound to point out red has non-classic experience bonus in response to this point and that is true. However, gameplay itself is much closer to classic as a result of far less twinkling stemming from a less saturated economy and tremendous number of new players. You don't see individuals monopolizing entire xp camps like you do on blue. Classic items still have value. While some higher end items are still available like on blue they are less common and therefore more difficult to acquire. As a result the majority of people are in general less geared and able to make use of items that drop for them as they level.

2. Tighter community. Sure we have some colorful forum personalities and the server definitely has a few villains, but there are also heroes and most players in general are good decent people just like blue. The threat (small as it may be) presented by villains encourages people to band together. The XP bonus also disincentivizes all forms of class/gear/etc discrimination in XP groups. Most people on red

3. Decency. The inability of the community to enforce law and order on blue leads to the death of common sense/courtesy with the creation of more and more laws through which players begin to view the world. The mindset becomes "if there isn't a rule against it, it must be ok." The a look to staff is then inundated with dispute resolution requests. There are numerous threads applauding people on blue for doing the right thing, because rule lawyering has become the norm making such acts uncommon.

4. Time. I don't not have as much time to devote to digital worlds as I once did. Despite that, I'd cherished EQ's pace. For me it's not about the pace of progression, it's about the pace of gameplay. On red, the pace is slower (more classic) due to less twinks. It is more relaxed even when pushing things. However the bonus XP means progression is faster. In the end, you are able to experience more of the classic world in a classic context with less time invested. I suppose this is really only a benefit if you are very casual and/or older ^^
Old 09-16-2015, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

New Red Server Please
Old 09-16-2015, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not everyone should. It depends on what you are looking for ^^ I just rolled a character there out of curiosity stemming from all the advertising. I have not been much of amp per in my gaming career, so I am sure others will have different reasons to share, but these are my reasons for continuing to play there:

1. Classic Gameplay. Someone is bound to point out red has non-classic experience bonus in response to this point and that is true. However, gameplay itself is much closer to classic as a result of far less twinkling stemming from a less saturated economy and tremendous number of new players. You don't see individuals monopolizing entire xp camps like you do on blue. Classic items still have value. While some higher end items are still available like on blue they are less common and therefore more difficult to acquire. As a result the majority of people are in general less geared and able to make use of items that drop for them as they level.

2. Tighter community. Sure we have some colorful forum personalities and the server definitely has a few villains, but there are also heroes and most players in general are good decent people just like blue. The threat (small as it may be) presented by villains encourages people to band together. The XP bonus also disincentivizes all forms of class/gear/etc discrimination in XP groups. Most people on red

3. Decency. The inability of the community to enforce law and order on blue leads to the death of common sense/courtesy with the creation of more and more laws through which players begin to view the world. The mindset becomes "if there isn't a rule against it, it must be ok." The a look to staff is then inundated with dispute resolution requests. There are numerous threads applauding people on blue for doing the right thing, because rule lawyering has become the norm making such acts uncommon.

4. Time. I don't not have as much time to devote to digital worlds as I once did. Despite that, I'd cherished EQ's pace. For me it's not about the pace of progression, it's about the pace of gameplay. On red, the pace is slower (more classic) due to less twinks. It is more relaxed even when pushing things. However the bonus XP means progression is faster. In the end, you are able to experience more of the classic world in a classic context with less time invested. I suppose this is really only a benefit if you are very casual and/or older ^^
You know, in the time I've spent going over these forums and scouring it for information, I've run across your posts time and again and there's a recurring theme in them.

You have got to be one of the nicest, genuinely helpful and all around good personalities that reside here.

Thank you so much for posting. Because of this alone I may give Red a shot.

<3
Closed Thread