Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 01:36 AM
Aviak

Default Enchanter Bloodsaber faction help

I have the worst faction possible for Bloodsaber, which makes me kos to Reania Jukle. I tried charming her, and this does not work. This is the second step for the Enchanter Epic quest.

On the Wiki there is not much to do to raise Bloodsaber faction.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Bloodsabers

I know on live there was a quest you can hand in 5gp per to a guard to raise this faction, but I have been unable to find him. Guard Shilster

I'm just wondering if anyone else had this problem and what did they do?

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:03 AM
Kobold

According to the wiki that part is optional, ie you dont have to do it
Old 08-27-2015, 08:04 AM
Kobold

http://wiki.project1999.com/Enchanter_Epic_Quest

[ ] Jeb's Seal (Optional)
[ ] Hail Stofo Olan in Erudin
[ ] Ink of the Dark

[ ] Get Empty Ink Vial from Reania Jukle in Qeynos Catacombs

(Note: the Jeb's Seal portion of the quest is not required at this point on Project 1999. You can safely begin at the Enchanter Master One section.)
Old 08-27-2015, 11:07 AM
Aviak

tyvm!
Old 10-10-2015, 02:08 AM
Decaying Skeleton

So questions, are we still able to bypass this part? How do we get the enchanter sack? Im kos to Reania Jukle....any thoughts?
Old 10-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Skeleton

You cannot bypass this step. You must be able to talk to Reania, and I remember this part of the epic being the hardest part for me. Bloodsabers weren't my biggest problem, Opal Dark Briar faction was (often tied to Bloodsabers, incidentally). I had done all the Qeynos Investigator quests and camped Pyzjn obsessively in my teens.

I'm going to try to recall all of the steps I took to undo my bad faction with Bloodsabers and Opal Dark Briar, but I do recall handing Guard Shilster loads of coin.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Shilster

He's in NK near the NE edge of the zone. I see we may need to update this on the Wiki page, as the Black Burrow Stout quest isn't there. Maybe it entered the game at a later date? It would be helpful to future enchanters to know about this guy if the quest is there.

I also remember killing Neclo Rheslar (in QH at the guard house near the WK zone) and some other NPCs repeatedly to raise this faction. (Camped the 2 NPCs in front of the Freeport casters' guild for awhile). It will quickly make you KOS in Qeynos and the FP caster's guild, but this helped a bit too. But, I rationalized I didn't "need" access to these areas, and I had more than enough options to fix the faction later.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:54 PM
Skeleton

Also, the illusion that worked best with Reania and her cohorts is the Boon of the Garou (werewolf illusion). It drops in Velious, but the wiki page doesn't offer much indication of where to find it. EQZam info: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=8654
Old 10-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Skeleton

When I did this quest you could just ask any of the masters for a sack, no need to talk to her at all.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:13 PM
Skeleton

She gives you the empty ink vial (no drop) that you have to hand to the charmed ghoul scribe in LGuk, who gives you the Ink of the Dark. I've heard there is a way to MQ this, but it would have to be MQ'd by another epic-level enchanter who had appropriate faction: they would get the vial from Reania, charm the scribe, get the ink, and then you would MQ this turn in with the other two items for that part of the epic.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Skeleton

That whole part of the quest is not required on this server, just start collecting the four pieces of the staff, combine the four pieces to get the bundle of staves and hand that in for the epic. You don't need the seal here at this time.
Closed Thread