Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 11:53 PM
Sarnak

Default Qeynos lvling guide

Could someone make a Qeynos lvling guide. I've played eq for years and years but this is my first char from this side of Antonia and I'm loving it. Zones are designed better. More interactive npc's it's like a whole new game. That being said I'd like to lvl as long as I can over here and really take advantage of everything. I'm also deciding to forego twinking of any kind with this char so keep in mind I'll need to make money as well
Old 08-27-2015, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

1-3 North Qeynos newbie area
3-8 Start at close to the zoneline to Qeynos in Qeynos Hills (watch out for Holly Windstalker if you're killing wolves and bears, she will flatten you), then move to the entrance of Blackburrow - supplement killing exp with gnoll fangs
8-12 Blackburrow (grouped), or continue farming gnoll fangs for exp, for money you can kill rabid grizzlies and rabid wolves and turn in their pelts
10-16 West Karana, bandits (bandit sashes quest for money)
16-24 North Karana, various (get Greater Lightstones and Lightstones for the GLS quest for more money)
18-30 East Karana

Something like that.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 08-27-2015, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Kill the 2-3 diseased wolves (left side of Qeynos hills as you look towards Surefall/BB/Hadden/etc)...hand those in for some plat/faction, great quest and underrated.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Where does a Qeynos based Enchanter go to get his/her Tiny Daggers?
Old 08-27-2015, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlievox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where does a Qeynos based Enchanter go to get his/her Tiny Daggers?
High Hold Keep or Erudin. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Moollah Muckwater, Swamp Hag, 4th Eye of Fear
Old 08-27-2015, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
18-30 East Karana
Say what? at 24 as melee go to HHK gobs :P
Old 08-27-2015, 02:10 PM
Kobold

1 - 4: Qeynos Newbie area.

4 - 6: Rabid Wolves (left side of the Q Hills zone), pelts are turned in for good XP and faction. You can also hunt the gnolls on the right side of the zone to the zone line.

6 - 8: The gnolls outside Blackburrow.

8 - 10: Gnolls Watchers on the Hill outside Blackburrow and all the other gnolls outside Blackburrow. It may seem fruitless to hunt greens, but even greens drop fangs which are more XP than con yellow mobs.

10 - 12: Putrid Skeletons by the Ruins.

12 - 25: Blackburrow. Hunt in Black Burrow till you are level 14. Then go hunt bandits in WK for XP and loot. Go back to Blackburrow at level 18 and level there 22-25.

22- 50: Permafrost. Tired of Blackburrow? You can leave here as early as 22 and do the front gate of Permafrost. PF can take you all the way to 50 if you never want to leave the Qeynos area.
Moollah Muckwater, Swamp Hag, 4th Eye of Fear
Old 08-27-2015, 02:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you weren't constrained to the Qeynos area after level 10ish, is the Karanas still the best place to go for experience/coin?
Old 08-27-2015, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiggo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zones are designed better. More interactive npc's it's like a whole new game. That being said I'd like to lvl as long as I can over here and really take advantage of everything.
Qeynos Catacombs. It's an underused zone, fun to learn but confusing at first. There is a low level named down there, Cuburt, who is tied to a simple quest for +3int earrings (if you're playing a purecaster). It's not amazing, but for a non-twink it's easy enough to obtain.

Otherwise, just as others have said, Blackburrow and QHills Rabid Wolves/Grizzlies -> West Karana for bandits and their sashes -> North Karana for willowisps and greater lightstone $.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

Highpass orcs are great 16-20ish -- mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Closed Thread