Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 02:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Smile very new - interested in starting

Hey guys.

I havent touched EQ in many many many many years. I played and loved it in my young life as with many of you.

I am interested in playing and would like to know where the server is at expansion wise. I read on the wiki that it is not Velious yet, but fully patched up before the expansion.

Can someone inform me on where it is at? And do you think it is okay to still start even if Velious is out? I am debating the classic servers on the Daybreak servers versus this. Any differences I should know?

Thanks!!!
Old 08-26-2015, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Velious is out, wiki is kind of wonky regarding the notices. You can start any time you want, we have a healthy 'newbie' population and the content will be waiting for you once you get to the right levels.

This server is evidently more hardcore classic than the Daybreak ones, based on reports from people who play on both. Up to you what you prefer, though.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 08-26-2015, 02:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgzgamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys.

I havent touched EQ in many many many many years. I played and loved it in my young life as with many of you.

I am interested in playing and would like to know where the server is at expansion wise. I read on the wiki that it is not Velious yet, but fully patched up before the expansion.

Can someone inform me on where it is at? And do you think it is okay to still start even if Velious is out? I am debating the classic servers on the Daybreak servers versus this. Any differences I should know?

Thanks!!!

First off Welcome, you will find majority of the community to be welcoming and helpful.

While velious is out, it is never too late to start (Kunark was out for 4 years before velious on this server).

I played the Daybreak progression server and felt it was a great attempt, but it really doesn't live up to the original experience (and it just ended up people 4 5 or 6 boxing mages to camp, which instances still didn't help to fix).

Finally - It's Free! Get a copy of titanium, log in and play around for yourself to see how you enjoy it.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:57 PM
Banned

don't come here. the Dark Lord Jared Fogle has our souls in his hand. It is a dark and terrible time. The alliance of elves and men are distracted on the Winter Continent of Velious AKA Antarctica AKA HP Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness

Greengrocer is dead. Or is he? Spirits of the dark swirl. Their power grows and the Light diminishes. Run for life!
Old 08-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Great server but the reality that Velious is the end... really, really stinks.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgzgamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys.

Thanks!!!
Welcome. This is a wonderful gem of a server, you will enjoy your time here very much. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Velious is out, but there are new people like yourself starting every day. Get in on the action!
Old 08-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Daybreak progression server totally sucks as expected. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah, sure Velious is the End, but that is a lot of zones, and I would bet 50% or more of the people that play even on here have never been to more than 50% of all the zones in the 3 expansions offer. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daybreak progression server totally sucks as expected. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah, sure Velious is the End, but that is a lot of zones, and I would bet 50% or more of the people that play even on here have never been to more than 50% of all the zones in the 3 expansions offer. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think what disappoints some about Velious being the end is that some classes received much needed love in Luclin to balance them out. I think if you had Velious + Luclin AAs/Balances without the cats/etc., you'd probably satisfy most of those people. It won't happen, though.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

The devs for P99 stated that they are considering pinning up a custom content server for post velious progression. They would allow transfers of our live characters to said seever. If that comes to fruition, who knows, but this is the best EQ experience that I've had since Velious on live, so I recommend giving it a shot.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Hey guys.

Thanks!!!
Velious is out and it is the end of the line. There are plans for a time-locked progression server (green99) that would be 'recycled' at the end (merged into current blue99 and then wiped). As for DBG, no idea. They lost my interest before their name change / sell-off with the way they shat on their customers. Sounds like DBG ownership has started to make ammends for the past of the pile of shit they bought though, so good things may be around the corner ^^ why not try both?
Closed Thread