Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 05:36 PM
Sarnak

Default Epic Questions for DE Rogue

I have 51 DE Rogue on Red and have some questions about Rogue Epic Quest.

1) Am I KOS to Stanos/Eldreth or other quest NPCs?
If so, is there a way to repair faction? Rogue Errands Quest?

2) Can Dwarf Rogue in Kaladim be pickpocketed successfully by
a lowbie dwarf rogue with low PP skill?

3) Is Book of Souls easy to get/buy an MQ?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

1. Yes. Yes there is, but I would suggest against it. You need to learn about what we rogues used to call the secret handshake. Sneak trading and sneak questing to get mobs indifferent overrides faction work. Take hide off and leave sneak up behind Anson and tell him,"I need to see Stanos". Hit hide immediately afterwards as he'll spin towards you and will eat you if he sees you. Real good idea while you're doing this to make him face somewhere he wont see you behind Stanos. For Stanos, just sneak behind him and give him whatever item you have to. Don't bother speaking to him.

TL;DR: Anson, Stanos, the rest of Highpass, and I'm pretty sure Eldreth are KoS. Just do sneak turn ins / triggers and you're fine without faction work.

2. Yes. Yes it can be, but I would suggest against it. Most any skill in the game will work (rarely) at low levels, but it's better just to use your main with high skill to clean out the GM's inventory asap. Exp is easy to get back on red anyways and the deaths help you feel like you earned the epic. Always felt using low level toons for this part is scummy.

3. That depends on who your friends are. If you have a buddy in Empire, that would make your life easier. Offering 2k for a MQ or so on the forums would probably work or asking if you could come along on a hate raid may or may not turn into a nightmare on red. IMO getting the book on P99 solo is a bad idea. Going with a raid is way safer.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Hide + Sneak + trade = Hide / Sneak break = dead rogue.
Sneak + trade is safe but expect mobs to spin on you if they don't despawn.

Pay attention to what is facing you before you drop hide. Often, you can drop hide and begin a trade and rehide while something KoS is facing you too. Depends on if you get unlucky with server ticks or not.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Agree on trying to get the Book of Souls solo, there's a few mobs (scorn banshees for sure) that'll see you on your sneak through...and getting a rez/drag/summon on red isn't always easy, especially somewhere like that.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

On here as well as live I ported to PoH naked with a gate potion and just soloed it.

The rush is worth it.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

Update and answers to some of my own questions ;-)

Indeed, a new dwarf rogue character can be used to pick Founy in Kaladim. Need to get him to level 7 to get pickpocket skill and go from there. Lots of deaths, but it finally worked. My DE Rogue got the parchment first try in Neriak. Decided on this option because getting ports/binds on red during off hours can be very difficult.

Died to Anson 2X, then decided to work faction. Rogue Errands quest in Qeynos was done ad nauseum (just turning in bent cards part). Now, I'm apprehensive to Anson and indiff to Stanos.

Died to Eldreth first try (I tried to hail him after sneaking behind him). Second try, just sneaked and gave him milk, plat, parchment and he gave me reward and despawned.

Have done first part with Yendar. Now, waiting on a friend who can MQ the Book of Souls with me, though sneaking through Hate sounds like a fun challenge...

Thanks for the responses!
Old 09-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Large Rat

Hey Malone, How long did it take for you to faction with Carson Mcabe via the card quest? I'm about to turn attempt to turn in parchments. Died to Anson once just now, didnt hit hide quick enough. Gonna give it one more go before just factioning back. Im a dorf but killed in hk, I don't think that fact will make the factioning any faster, but was curious to know what kinda clock you had on getting to indiff with stanos.

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2015, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

My alt rogue is DE and when sneak spawns where bugged I tried the card quest. I don't think it gives the appropriate amount of faction on P99 and I'm suspicious it's a +1 hit. Not worth the time. Seriously, don't bother fixing your faction. You're a race that's supposed to be KoS to everyone and a class that has tools to bypass faction work. It's beneath you. Sneak an epic from Stanos and kill one of Carson guards on your way out like a proper emissary of hatred.

But if you're not confident with doing it yourself, which is understandable since you died already, you can ask a 50+ non-kos rogue to help do your spawns.
You only need to deal with Stanos twice (until you come back for his head hehe). Dragging someone out to Highpass would be MUCH quicker than fixing an arguably useless faction.
Last edited by Cecily; 09-13-2015 at 11:03 PM..
Old 09-14-2015, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsto69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Malone, How long did it take for you to faction with Carson Mcabe via the card quest? I'm about to turn attempt to turn in parchments. Died to Anson once just now, didnt hit hide quick enough. Gonna give it one more go before just factioning back. Im a dorf but killed in hk, I don't think that fact will make the factioning any faster, but was curious to know what kinda clock you had on getting to indiff with stanos.
Thanks!
I think I must have turned in about 30 backpacks full of cards to the DE in Qeynos Hills.
It's pretty mind-numbing. As Cecily says, you should be able to use Sneak/Hide to do all your Stanos turn-ins. You might die once or twice, but you shouldn't lose your turn-ins at all. Sounds like you made it past that...

Though factioning isn't the true "rogue" way to go about it, it feels good that Stanos doesn't want to obliterate me every time he sees me...;-)
Closed Thread