Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-17-2015, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

Default 10th ring bug/question?

Few of us in guild got the 9th ring. 1 person turned in dirk and got the Declaration of war. 2 others turned in dirk and it got eaten.

There a cool down on how often you can turn in dirk?

There a faction lvl you need to be to turn in dirk?
Old 08-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

3 of us in my guild got it eaten, as far as I'm aware there shouldn't be any faction level for this quest.

All the times I did this quest on live and Mac, I never remember checking faction or being worried about it.

The only faction check the quest should have I believe is getting the protection of the Dain.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:11 PM
Project Manager

Dain's quests:

Warmly for dirk turn in.
Ally for tormax head.
Ally for protection of the dain.

If those are not correct, need some evidence/research posted.

These are the same as there were in beta.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dain's quests:

Warmly for dirk turn in.
Ally for tormax head.

On live I remember all my guild were Ally for all of those quest turn-ins. Other than that I have nothing to add.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dain's quests:
Ally for tormax head.
I thought max ally was required for the DA scroll thing.

And for the heads is that set to max ally or simply ally, also is that the same for each city leader's head quest?
Old 08-17-2015, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Couple of threads on the SafeHouse circa 2003 say non-kos to Dain for declaration, but Ally for Ring+DAClickie.

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/f...n-ring-faction

Quote:
in order to get the 10th ring u just need to be dubiously to dain and the coldain faction so ur not kos. The ally to dain is if u wanted to hand ur 10th ring back to him and he will give u the 10th ring back and a 1 charge Divine Aura instant clickie. if your NOT ally and hand in the ring, u will lose it, so if ur not ally u can get the ring, just not the DA clickie anytime u want.
But, 10th Ring should not even be in for another 5+ months.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Dain's quests:

Warmly for dirk turn in.
Ally for tormax head.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1291

Quote:
Yes, I was dubious when I got my declaration, but I used sneak to make myself indifferent. If he responds, though, he'll give you the plans.
Quote:
When i got my ring tonight,it mentioned something about showing my ring to the dain if I am still in his good graces and he will reward me,if not in his good graces he will keep the ring.

Any idea what this is about?? and what faction do i need,I am indif right now

????

anyone try this and know what happens??
http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...ead.php?t=8754

Quote:
It's very easy for KOS to Coldain people to help in the war, just as long as they stay away from any Coldain. It's VERY important that they stay away, as if they agro and then train the dwarfs off all hell can break lose, and you can lose hero's. If they agro, either let them die, or you can try and spell mem wipe.

A good place for KOS people to gather is in the middle up from the buff station near the "middle tree".

Additionally it's possible for a KOS person to actually do the 10th ring.

Minimum faction required for hand in is dubious, so sneak from behind gives you indifferent for the final hand in.
Just be careful to not agro on the hand in, else any nodrop items will poof... ie, the head and your 9th ring.

DA SCROLL

Once you have your 10th ring, there is an extra reward you can get as Seneschal Aldikar suggests.

If you are Ally to Dain faction, handing in your 10th ring to the Dain himself will return you your ring, along with a LORE scroll which has one charge of Divine Aura - 2.5 secs click cast on it.

You can do this as many times as you want (getting a new scroll every time you use it). As long as the Dain is up of course, and as long as you keep Ally faction. If you lose Ally and hand your ring in, he will eat it.. So always check your faction first !!

The scroll cast is easily interruptible of course as monks have no channelling skill (so not as useful as a SBI for instance.. insta-click) but not to be sneezed at. Useful in some pulling situations or when you need to make suicide dashes.
Will work on finding more. But that's several different sources claiming Dubious or Indifferent (Sneak turnin) are acceptable for both the Dirk and for the Final 10th ring turnin.

Obtaining the DA scroll however is Warmly/Ally requirement.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:49 PM
Banned

yaw i turned my dirk in while kindly, got eaten

everything i read indicated that it's supposed to work at dubiously
Old 08-18-2015, 01:39 AM
Sarnak

http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...ead.php?t=7976

"it might be a rather stupid question, but are you sure you don't have the declaration already? I did it at dubious, and while Chancellor Can_go_to_hell said I wasn't worth to talk to the dain, the dain still chatted and I got the declaration no probs. "

http://tc.spowers.net/guides/guide_rings.php

"Note: You need dubious or better to get either the 9th ring or the declaration of war. I am not certain if sneak/hide will work, it technically should, but I do not know for certain. To be safe, take no Dain faction hits (by killing Dain or his named) until after you have your ring. This means you need to zone out before those kills happen. Killing the dain is a MAJOR faction hit. You can likely survive the faction hits of the others if you need to help your guild out."

I also found a separate post where it mentions you don't even need the dirk, you just say the phrase and it gives you the declaration of war. I don't have it now but this makes sense, given that if you fail the 10th ring you don't have to start all over. I'll try to find it again.
Last edited by Taminy; 08-18-2015 at 01:48 AM..
Old 08-18-2015, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Well, failing the 10th ring doesn't cause you to start all over. You just turn in the Dirk and say the phrase again for another declaration.

The problem right now is that many people had their Dirk's eaten at faction levels where it shouldn't have been eaten (basically any non-KoS faction). Once petitions get people their dirks restored and a patch allows Dirk turnins at Dubious and above, all will be right.

I believe the Dirk gives a hidden flag allowing you to say the phrase and receive the Declaration, at least that's how it was on beta.