Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 06:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Fansy THE FAMOUS BARD

Some archives from back in the day of this guy named fansy the bard training people with sand giants in oasis.

http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php

One thing I was pondering is if you click the first link "GO-GO GOOD TEAM" Look at the 2nd comment on the thread. It is a picture posted by Fancy himself with AT LEAST 9 giants. Are there that many sand giant spawns on our server in oasis? Should their be? hehe? Is he waiting for them to respawn and just rounding more up?

Any ways good read funny read if you are bored, Fansy seemed to be quiet the troublemaker. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-20-2015, 06:45 AM
Planar Protector

He rolled on red in its early days, brought a bunch of people from Twitch with him.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:35 AM
Kobold

Ya, we all tried out the red server when it launched.

Back on live half of us played on Sullon and the other half played on Rallos. I was on Sullon with Fansy, and it was crazy. There were basically no rules. Trains were totally okay by server rules. There were no level restrictions on Sullon, so greifing newbs was a very real thing.

When that's what you're used to, it's hard to go to red p99 and feel like you're on a pvp server. I believe there are still a few FoH that play on red, but most of us left pretty early on.

If there is ever a team based no level restriction pvp server, you might see a few of us back ;-)

That in and of itself should be reason enough for rogean to NOT make the server haha. We tend to break things in a continued effort to spread happiness through out the world!
Old 06-20-2015, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

I think part of the reason there were so many giants is this picture was taken at the very start of sullon zek.

Sand giants share spawns with lower level mobs, so each time these low level mobs in oasis are killed there is a chance a sand giant will spawn in their place. Being the start of the server, and the heart of evil team's hunting ground, basically meant the players in the zone were forcing lots of sand giants to spawn and no one was high enough level to kill them, making them much more common than normal.

That said, I have to agree with the OP that they are a little too rare on this server. Many times you can run through the zone and there isn't even a single sand giant up.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Except for Cazel, sand giants on this server have an average lifespan of 1 minute.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He rolled on red in its early days, brought a bunch of people from Twitch with him.
If true, that is hilarious, but are you sure it wasnt just someone claiming to be fansy
Old 06-20-2015, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

You can tell it's Fansy if he takes an extremist position regarding good vs evil and doesn't let LNS happen because of his awesome RPing skills. He's also an absurdly devious exploiter and lets everyone know the moment he finds one by killing everyone with it. But that's only if he thinks Good needs a helping hand. Gotta use that razor-sharp wit for good if you've got it. :P

I got curious and googled EQ-playing celebrities. Makes me wonder if any of those celebrities/famous people have decided to try P99. Apparently Robin Williams' son played back in the day, along with R.A. Salvatore and a handful of others.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 06-20-2015, 05:32 PM
Orc

Haha funny you should mention R.A. Salvatore, the x wife and I grouped with him several times in lguk way back in the day, he played on Cazic Thule.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

wait, why are there so many sand giants in that screen cap?

Are we missing some on p99?? lol
Old 06-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wait, why are there so many sand giants in that screen cap?

Are we missing some on p99?? lol
You took the thoughts out of my head and put them on the computer.

Are you a wizard?