Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-24-2015, 05:18 PM
Orc

Default Saving different key binds between characters

Hello,

Just wondering if there is any way to save different sets of key binds for different characters?

Example: On my enchanter I have NUMPAD 1 bound to cast Spell Gem 1, but when I play my monk, I want to bind NUMPAD 1 to my auto-attack off/FD/sneak macro hotkey.

Is it possible to save these different key bind setups and keep from having to re-bind all of my keys each time I choose to play a different character that requires a different play style?

Thank you for any and all suggestions.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Banned

log in with the character you want and hit EQ button>options>keybindings tab, click on where it shows the current keybinding and then press the key you want to correspond with that command or action.

i believe it saves by character, not by account.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:37 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWalking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
log in with the character you want and hit EQ button>options>keybindings tab, click on where it shows the current keybinding and then press the key you want to correspond with that command or action.

Interesting. Didn't seem to be doing that when I alter between characters (all on one account). I'll give it another try.

Thank you for the input.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:52 PM
Banned

sure thing. i hope it works.

if it doesnt though, i guarantee there's someone here who can tell you
Old 05-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWalking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No its saved by computer. Keybindings are saved in the Eqclient file. There is no way to have different bindings for different toons.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No its saved by computer. Keybindings are saved in the Eqclient file. There is no way to have different bindings for different toons.
Dang. Feared as much. Welp, guess when I can finally play again I'll have to get creative with hot bar hotkey binds that can work across multiple classes.

Thanks, Thulack.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:25 AM
Fire Giant

You'd have to either have multiple EQ installations or multiple eqclient.ini files.
You could write a batch script with a menu asking you what character you want to play. It would move the ini file for that character in place and launch the client. But you'd have to /camp desktop and re-run the script any time you wanted to switch toons.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:24 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'd have to either have multiple EQ installations or multiple eqclient.ini files.
You could write a batch script with a menu asking you what character you want to play. It would move the ini file for that character in place and launch the client. But you'd have to /camp desktop and re-run the script any time you wanted to switch toons.
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't know how to write a batch script currently, so I might just make a separate installation, or separate EQ ini files for the various characters and move them in and out manually.

Thanks, again.