Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 09:52 AM
Large Bat

Default DBG's offering lvl 50 char for sale soon on ragefire

Lost in all that ragefire nonsense is the fact code exist to make instant lvl 50 heroic characters fully geared. -code bugs- do not add gear.

Nice that they failed to mention this. Wondering how people who payed to play on this server feel now.

/and that's not a beta buff bug
Old 05-21-2015, 11:00 AM
Kobold

If you see any of the screenshots, the 50s are actually wearing the gear from the 85 heroics. Who knows what exactly the bug is, but it's triggering those heroics and then level-locking back down to 50.

Heroic 50s don't exist (yet).
Old 05-21-2015, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

Link? Sounds like you're trolling (badly).
Old 05-21-2015, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not surprised. They won't be content with a subscription, sooner or later once the "new" vibe has gone they'll slip in some Station cash crap I'm sure.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:32 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Link? Sounds like you're trolling (badly).
There isn't code to scale back character levels to 50. I'm not trollIng.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:38 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash_da'troll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There isn't code to scale back character levels to 50. I'm not trollIng.
There isn't code to convey your level of derp on this.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Scaling back is one thing. But what if there isn't code for characters to level beyond 50? Levels are based on total EXP, so if they get total EXP above 50, and 50 is the max level, then they would be level 50. There might even be a hard coded cap to EXP as well, so they start at max EXP in level 50, but that's as high as it can go.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scaling back is one thing. But what if there isn't code for characters to level beyond 50? Levels are based on total EXP, so if they get total EXP above 50, and 50 is the max level, then they would be level 50. There might even be a hard coded cap to EXP as well, so they start at max EXP in level 50, but that's as high as it can go.
I think you've proposed the most logical explanation: max exp per char possible = level 50 on the server atm. Thus when they start with a heroic character it starts with as much exp as possible.

Again, if pay-to-win code didn't exist at all; this would not have happened. But, business.

I tried reproducing the "problem" to get my own 50. I could not. I can only assume it was happening with pre-existing account that had already utilized the feature once before as my account was brand new (just registered for this Progression Server).
Old 05-21-2015, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash_da'troll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lost in all that ragefire nonsense is the fact code exist to make instant lvl 50 heroic characters fully geared. -code bugs- do not add gear.

Nice that they failed to mention this. Wondering how people who payed to play on this server feel now.

/and that's not a beta buff bug
The toons are fully geared but cant even use the gear cause it has a required level of 80. Just more logic to go with the Server is xp capped at level 50 so they are just heroic toons that got scaled back cause of the cap.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

same code as the heroic characters that are currently for sale on the live servers and were free around a year ago for exisiting accounts. Grabbed a heroic on each of my 4 accounts when they were free and now they charge like $40 for them.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Closed Thread