Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Default Just a curious bard leveling question

If someone could give a rough breakdown of level ranges and how long it takes to go through them swarming... (for bonus fake internet points, how fast have you seen bards get from 1-46+ solo?)
Last edited by Caridry; 04-28-2015 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: words
Old 04-29-2015, 03:57 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

|==================================|
takes slow classes this long

|===|
takes bards this long
Old 04-30-2015, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Once you master the art of swarm kiting and assuming you did nothing but swarm kite ... And assuming that you have wide open zones with tons of mobs not contested ...

You can get from Selos to 46 really fast basically naked.

You'll be a terrible bard all around, but you can get there faster than any other class.

In those moments where I did swarm kite, could easily get a level an hour at least until the 40s. Levels were a lot faster early in but still pretty fast through 40-46. The biggest mistake I saw most bards do was spend too much time gathering every last mob they could find. Kites of 40, 60, or 100+ are epic, sure, but in the time it took to round them all up I could have snagged 20 - killed them, and have the next set of 20-30 almost dead with repops starting.

-Since 1 wrong step means death I ended up wasting less time in the long run. Was more efficient to do smaller pulls until I got perfect.

The added bonus was that I was never 'that guy' in a zone who monopolized content. Spending a ridiculous amount of time gathering up 80-100 only to spend a ridiculous amount of time killing those 80-100 is a good way to not make friends.

I honestly don't recommend swarming. I did it exclusively from level 20 to my first clarity song (made getting groups easy). The only breaks I took were to farm cash and work on some skills. I regret that decision now.

Playing with others is a lot more fun, and learnin how to play the most ADHD class in the game early makes your later levels a lot more fun.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-01-2015, 12:52 AM
Kobold

^^
Yea I kited all the way to 54, all the way, and I made some pretty good friends (fellow bards) who I kited with or just chatted with about kiting techniques. But in the end, when you end up looking to play your bard for real... you will be so far behind, other classes will know your songs better than you because you wont care about resists, or type 1s or type 2s and if they stack or don't stack. So then you'll be learning a whole new character, at a level where people expect you to be PRO... Id say group... but kite when you can't group, or when you HATE the level zone your in, other wise... enjoy the game, its not a race.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:23 AM
Planar Protector

Nah don't group.

If you're not familiar with your songs just sit down and read the wiki for an hour so you know everything.

I know plenty of bards who only grouped who didn't know about single snare song being huge aggro, that bards have a locate corpse song, or a bind sight song, or a levitate song. "Bad" players will be bad regardless of how they attain their exp.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Banned

bard song aggro really isn't anything like it was on live, so grouping kind of sucks here
Closed Thread