Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Sarnak

Default Pet aggro

I've noticed this recently, a pet sometimes doesn't aggro a target as it should (it has changed, wasn't the case before).

I've seen pet dealing more than 200 melee damage and having the target still running at me (with me doing nothing). And sometimes in the same situation, a single attack is enough (less than 40 dmg).

Also, pet spell damage doesn't generate threat.

It's rather important for a magician who relies only on the pet to tank the target as soon as possible.

And I reread all the patch notes, didn't see anything about this.
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Old 10-07-2010, 05:10 AM
Sarnak

same here . as for my twink mage , it sometimes happens that i cast lvl 1 5 dd spell on mob and he is still after me for 2 or 3 melee rounds even if my pet already did like 100 melee dmg to the mob . i also try to run out of melee range but he still chases me .
Old 10-07-2010, 05:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinaltin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
same here . as for my twink mage , it sometimes happens that i cast lvl 1 5 dd spell on mob and he is still after me for 2 or 3 melee rounds even if my pet already did like 100 melee dmg to the mob . i also try to run out of melee range but he still chases me .
But... you're a gnome? hence every npc + pc has +500 aggro on you before you even engage.

T'is classic.

I enchant things...
Old 10-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgrunt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've noticed this recently, a pet sometimes doesn't aggro a target as it should (it has changed, wasn't the case before).

I've seen pet dealing more than 200 melee damage and having the target still running at me (with me doing nothing). And sometimes in the same situation, a single attack is enough (less than 40 dmg).

It's rather important for a magician who relies only on the pet to tank the target as soon as possible.

Threat is WoW, this is EQ! Funny how the words people use give away the game they played after EQ.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But... you're a gnome? hence every npc + pc has +500 aggro on you before you even engage.

T'is classic.

This is truth
Old 10-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Skeleton

The correct EQ term is "aggro" if I remember correctly?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgrunt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is the truth!! Something has majorly changed with pet aggro yet I didn't see anything in the patch notes. This happend a few weeks ago. Please reveal the stealth patch so we know what exactly was changed! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The correct EQ term is "aggro" if I remember correctly?
Well, because the concept was new we didn't have many words. However I now like to differenciate having aggro (which to me, means being the current mob's target) and the threat level [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Old 10-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

generate hate is a good term, ive always used that as well as aggro -shrug-

but yeah, it will take my mage's pet like 7 hits to get aggro off a mob sometimes that either aggros me first before the pet has a chance to hit it, i have to resummon pet (without healing the pet), or something similar.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Not a mage, but I can tell you that I can pull aggro off my skel pet any time I want with a single spell.
I've let my pet engage a mob while I sit at 2/3 max cast range (way back for less Proximity aggro) and let the pet and mob duke it out untill the mob is at UNDER 70% hp. Engulfing Darkness, I'm ok. It ticks for 17. *Anything* else I cast will almost certainly bring that mob to me. I've even tried the L1 5hp LT. Forget about an actual 2nd DoT like Heat Blood
Hell, if my pet goes on a whiff string and Darkness ticks twice without him hitting I end up wearing the mob half the time.
I've tried everything, distance, letting the pet get a bigger threat lead, I've even cycled the taunt off and on a few times to make absolutely sure taunt is *ON*
Being that current circumstances don't favor fear-kiting, I've resorted to Leach/LT tanking while the pet DPSs.
I know FD 'fixes' me wearing it, but I shouldn't have to FD multiple times per fight because a single DoT out aggros my pet.