Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Camera problem

Not sure if it's a bug or not wasn't sure where to put this. But the 5th camera view for me auto zooms into my character till it's about 2inch away. I've tried playing with hotkeys for the camera controls and relogging, trying to move the camera in anyway but to no avail.

All the other camera views appear to function normally as well.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:42 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Pressing the 'Home' key will reset your camera to normal height/angle.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

that doesn't work for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] the camera started out normal when I logged into today but after i moved the camera it went back into perpetual zoom.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Planar Protector

Just use the 4th view.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Use your mouse wheel to scroll out and play in third person view. It's easy to control, easy to manage, and you end up never switching to any other view except on difficult pulls and for screenshots.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Sarnak

I'll add another camera issue that is really annoying when pulling outdoor zones.

In distant 3rd person view, when you zoom in the camera will tilt slightly towards your character, and tilt back up when you zoom out to keep your character center on the screen. However, when you enter water, the camera gets permanently screwed up until you zone or relog. After entering water (and going back to land), the camera never tilts and instead just zooms right above your head, so you can't see what's going on when you zoom in a bit.

I use 3rd person to pull outdoor zones sometimes and then like to zoom in quickly when fighting to position easier, and the bug is annoying enough that I avoid water at all cost.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:04 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabamf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll add another camera issue that is really annoying when pulling outdoor zones.

In distant 3rd person view, when you zoom in the camera will tilt slightly towards your character, and tilt back up when you zoom out to keep your character center on the screen. However, when you enter water, the camera gets permanently screwed up until you zone or relog. After entering water (and going back to land), the camera never tilts and instead just zooms right above your head, so you can't see what's going on when you zoom in a bit.

I use 3rd person to pull outdoor zones sometimes and then like to zoom in quickly when fighting to position easier, and the bug is annoying enough that I avoid water at all cost.
I also always play third person and I agree the water thing is annoying. But once again, all I have to do is hit the 'Home' key and it resets itself back to normal. :/
Old 01-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Sarnak

Cool. Saw the earlier post but hadn't tried it yet to see if it fixes my problem. Good enough
Old 02-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I found that creating a new camera hot key like Cntrl + C, instead of using the normal camera one fixed this for me.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:27 PM
VIP / Contributor

Moving to resolved.
Closed Thread