Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

Default Noobs guide to a velious Release

Hey all. I was too young back in the days of live to really understand the effects that the velious release had. Can anyone more experienced step up and give a brief break down to us non hardcore people the big differences that are going to come in velious?

for instance:

1) What gear am i going for right now that is going to be a waste of money once velious comes out? For help, I am a bard.

2) What are some of the best parts about velious release besides additional raiding? what are the hot spots people would consider for leveling and when does it become an option? If i remember, velious was geared more towards mid/high lvl content.

3) what content are you most excited for? What are the big quests/items/factions that all of us budding players looking to get into guilds/raiding should be doing?

Thanks ahead of time. I am JUST getting really addicted again with my lvl 37 bard... For some reason i am almost kind of scared of the release. I just am getting my bearings now and doing my lambent quests, thinking of investing money in some gear... should I hold out? what do i need to know? help, nerds, help!

Some things that have been said that seem helpful:

FBSS and other haste items going to go down in price because of SCHW, and maybe plunder patch?
Ry'gorr gear is good and drops frequently (especially earring).
+hp rings won't be worth as much/don't buy them right now because the velious era ones are better.
Look into tailoring/brewing for coldain ring quests
Last edited by Kileras; 04-06-2015 at 12:26 PM..
Old 04-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) What gear am i going for right now that is going to be a waste of money once velious comes out? For help, I am a bard.
haste. SCHW will come out with velious, and they will drop like candy because of people camping the SCWB. every melee will want two SCWB. expect the market to fall out on droppable haste items (particularly fbss/sotdb).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2) What are some of the best parts about velious release besides additional raiding? what are the hot spots people would consider for leveling and when does it become an option? If i remember, velious was geared more towards mid/high lvl content.
velious has some interesting EXP dungeons with twists like tower of frozen shadows, cyrstal caverns, and velkator's labyrinth. velious is generally considered 30+ for levelling.

Quote:
3) what content are you most excited for? What are the big quests/items/factions that all of us budding players looking to get into guilds/raiding should be doing?
thrugadin ring/shawl, velks, plane of growth, plane of mischief, kael drakkal, temple of veeshan, skyshrine, western wastes, dragon's necropolis... the list goes on. there is A LOT for a level 60 to do in velious.
Last edited by Samoht; 04-03-2015 at 10:10 AM..
Old 04-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

1. A few items will decrease in value but at your level not much. I would suggest against buying Diamondine Earrings (3 STR 12 HP), cause Velious introduces the RyGorr Earrings which are 3 more HP and dirt common.

2. Tons of outdoor zones. Crystal Caverns, EW Ry'Gorr Fort, Tower of Frozen Shadow are all going to be in your level range. ToFS some people love, I think it's pretty dumb though. Too many Keys too many casters. Rather annoying CRs.

Bards can AE kite in Iceclad very well.

3. Armor quests are going to be the big ones. There are a few solid other quests but they will be locked down by level 60s for quite awhile.

There isn't much mid level gear that becomes extremely common other than Rygorr pieces. I'd say buy whatever you are after now and sort of Velious when it happens. Nothing around your level will shake up, other than some people moving to CC/EW/GD to group outdoorsy.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

This is a good thread. The haste suggestion above was really helpful as well as the earring suggestion. Two things I don't have at the moment so it may be smart to wait! Cheers.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. I would suggest against buying Diamondine Earrings (3 STR 12 HP), cause Velious introduces the RyGorr Earrings which are 3 more HP and dirt common.
orc fang earring
Old 04-03-2015, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

I like the 4 str 2 int earrings a lil more. Way cheaper and better imo.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:59 AM
Sarnak

all this ry'gorr armor looks really really good considering it drops off most of the mobs there in EW. pretty great stats too.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Don't forget your Pringles tube and plenty of socks, you'll want to absolutely exploit the shit out of the economy for the first 6 months <3

I bet those tunnel fat cats can't wait to spend the 1,2 or 5 million plat they've been saving.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the 4 str 2 int earrings a lil more. Way cheaper and better imo.
snack earrings are still better than that. what now?

3 ac, 15 hp > 1 str, though.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

1. If you are new it is probably not something in your price range anyway, but Necklace of Superiority price should drop like a rock. There are a ton of talismans with comparable stats.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Closed Thread