Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 09:08 PM
Sarnak

Default agi / ac questions

Agi gives ac under your hps and mana... does agi make you harder to hit? Like they miss more? Or does it add to your ac total so ac you take less damage? At lvl60 will a priest get better returns with ac or agi? I feel like a Djarns ring would give me more ac than the 5ac 55hp rings, am I right? I obviously have no understanding of how these things work.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:21 AM
Sarnak

Good example.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Dusty_Rusted_Vambraces

Would I gain or lose ac wearing these?

Would it make me any harder to hit? Am I miss guided in assuming agi makes you more elusive?
Old 03-29-2015, 03:38 AM
Aviak

I don't know the specifics, but it seems like AC and agi don't do a lot on this server. The latest patch had a note that AC will do more at levels above 50 now though.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:07 AM
Fire Giant

Agi is like the plot to speed stay above 75 agi and your fine.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:11 PM
Aviak

As a new player <very old school nostalgia EQ player> with a paladin 1 orange from 20 this is a question I would really like an answer to as well. There does seem to be discrepancies between how combat worked on Live and here on P1999. To me, my character's hits/misses and being hit for what damage at my low level with moderate gear (mostly banded +shield) just seems really streaky and not very random. The only obvious thing to me is that was already stated above there is an increasing AC (avoidance) penalty for going below 75 agility and is really noticeable when you are at critical HP or encumbered.

Agility definitely does not have enough of a ratio per point to AC at lower levels compared to straight AC on gear to be relevant. Like most stats as you get closer to 60 there should be a greater effect (although not nearly as much of an improvement as Wis/Int and mana pool). The confusion is the displayed AC stat on your character screen is actually a combination of several stats: your gear raw AC x class modifier + defense skill + agility avoidance. Pretty sure class/race AC/avoidance bonuses like monk and Iksar are just added in as well. So mitigation or damage reduction on the hits you take is combined with your chance to be missed in EQ's displayed AC stat. This is further confused as many "misses" in the combat text are actually hits which due to mitigation did 0 damage. As far as I know agility has never had an effect (Live or here) on the chance of combat skills like dodge/block/parry/riposte working. It did help you increase the chance of improving them and the defense skill.

At least that was how it worked on Live way back then, no idea how it works on P1999. I vaguely remember on Live a well-geared and buffed tank would push monster's chance to hit them down close to 40%, while your average geared character leveling up it was close to or around 50%. This is of course before you take into account things like disciplines or combat skills like parry. It could change a lot as well if the attacker had higher or lower attack (raid targets usually have very high attack) which basically countered significantly any avoidance.

There are further complications on P1999 as to what the effective AC cap happens to be and the most recent patch says there is some soft cap added for characters at level 50+.

*To answer the original poster's question I would just locate your local shaman/ranger and politely ask them to give you their 1st Agility buff. I recall it being roughly 18 agility. Note your listed AC before buffing with 2 5/55 rings then note the difference with one removed + agility buff. You might need to juggle other gear to get closer to the 9 from djarn ring but if you half the difference with the buff up it should be close to the true AC buff using one of each ring.

My bet is at some point as you level the djarn will be more AC no idea when or how it differs from Live and P1999.*

I would love to see if anyone has actually tested signifanctly at level 60 for any noticeable gains on avoidance from having fully Avatar buffed + geared agility vs base agility on your average xp target vs raid targets while at the AC effective hard cap. Really would be impressed if anyone could confirm there any thresholds or bonuses that reaching a certain agility stat had on combat (ie. On Live 100 stamina removed low endurance penalties other then inability to jump)
Old 03-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Some useful information on how ac works in this thread:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=48312

I hope that helps!
Old 03-30-2015, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Never underestimate agility.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

Agi does help mobs miss in that they will be more likely to hit you for 0 because of the increased ac.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:03 PM
Banned

Wear a Djarn's ring over the plat wedding obv, if you're debating it.
Closed Thread