Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 10:31 PM
Sarnak

Default Monk epic effects fix?

Hey, So Ive been looking into the monk epic partial fix...

Here is what I came up with but unsure how to change around the coding. Change the Item Type code for Monk effect (IT 159) to a material effect (maybe #6?) and it will change the monk effects from WEAPON label to a Gloves (OR armor if you will, material #6). Reason it occurs to me as to why monk effects poof when you put on weapon(s) is because the worn partial effect is labeled as weapon, not as a gloves or "armor" item, but I did notice your gloves, leather, chain, plate work as intended. Just remove monk partial effect as a weapon and make it a material effect instead to solely fix this issue...or am I off base on this? Seems simple in idea for me.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Are you trying to say that the particle effects should be displaying for each hand even when equipping a item/weapon/shield in that hand?

It currently displays the particle effect to other people as long as the hand is not holding a item/weapon/shield. Equipping a 2HB will still display the effect in the offhand.

It currently displays to the monk if you are equipping a shield, but not if you are holding a weapon in that hand. Equipping a 2HB will still display the effect in the offhand.

This comports with one of the research posts in the big Monk Particle effect thread.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=41
Quote:
The Particle effect does not show if 2 weapons are wielded, but a 2HB weapon or one 1HB will show the effect in the other hand.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

What I'm saying is this, currently the monk epic will only display if a weapon is not being held reason is because the sever says 'hey this is a weapon if a weapon another weapon is equipped cancel out monk epic partials'. Like you know how a bow is shown only after being used/equipped, but goes away once your main / offhand weapons are triggered with auto attack. Same idea here. The sever thinks monk epics are weapons and are canceled out by another main / offhand weapon is equipped.

My fix to this problem is change the setting of the monk epic from an equipped weapon claasication to material effect like leather gloves or steel gloves or chain gloves. Doing this will tell the sever hey this is a gloves effect always display these effects regardless of weapons equipped. Just like when you put purple gloves on a cleric and you got your epic in one hand and a shield in the other, those purple gloves are still on display because the 3 items are different claasications. Shield and epic are weapon display while gloves are a material (worn) display which can overlap and both still cqn be displayed together. Just saying change the weapon display claasication of monk epic to material display and it should then display monk epic correctly. On both hands and with/without weapons.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

monk epic should and does display only when no weapon is equiped on that hand (independantly).
it should not display if there is a wepon in both hands.

as far as i've noted, it's currently working correctly
Old 03-19-2015, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

No, its always worked with or without weapons. Thats what made them so freaking cool...this problem is the main reason I dont wanna make a monk, my epic will not appear correctly whats the point of doing epic if you cant show it off?

Ive always seen it on live as them always appearing with weapons...or without.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

Sorry, but monk epic did not show on Live with a weapon equipped, as much as I wish it did.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:08 AM
Fire Giant

its already epic they do show, it was sad when you had no effect at all
Old 03-21-2015, 12:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by botrainer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, its always worked with or without weapons. Thats what made them so freaking cool...this problem is the main reason I dont wanna make a monk, my epic will not appear correctly whats the point of doing epic if you cant show it off?

Ive always seen it on live as them always appearing with weapons...or without.
This is incorrect. You are mis-remembering.
Closed Thread