Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:28 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Great Idea for the Server!

Move the PvP from the rant and flames forums to in game!!! GM's please allow us to kill each other, I think there are many who could benefit from a good sword hilt to the jaw!
Or here you go, how bout you have to have PvP enabled to flag your account to post in the Rants and Flames forums!

Throw down your keyboard and pick up a sword! It's time to seperate the Gnomes from the Dwarves people.
And take over your face
With the front of my Hatredcopter
Old 09-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

Fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:02 AM
Kobold

/duel

It's a real in game command.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

/duel negates the very concept behind EQ pvp. The element of suprise is key [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And take over your face
With the front of my Hatredcopter
Old 09-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanlei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/duel negates the very concept behind EQ pvp. The element of suprise is key [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And PvP negates the concept of playing EQ for 80% of the playerbase. The element of "I don't want people ganking/griefing me while i'm grinding" is key.

Quote:
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Fire Giant

lol you think the vast majority of these tards hiding behind fake names are going to man up and fight PvP in a controlled environment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol you think the vast majority of these tards hiding behind fake names are going to man up and fight PvP in a controlled environment?
PvP is great if that's your thing. I played on a PvP server on WoW for most of my time there. It got really old after a while.

If you don't have an alternative server to get away from the griefing nonsense (higher level people in WoW killing lowbies for the heck of it, camping their corpses, etc), it ruins the game for most people who aren't in the game for that kind of experience. If you choose a pvp server from the start - the more power to you, enjoy it.

But making p1999 PvP isn't a "Great idea for the Server!"

Quote:
Old 09-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Aviak

Why on Earth would anyone want to incorporate Rants and Flames into any other part of P99? Rants and Flames is just fine buried in a forum you don't ever have to see, thanks.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Kobold

you want pvp, turn your book into the Priest of Discord and you are pvp enabled...convince others to do the same

Also...enjoy not being able to recieve buffs from non pvp enabled users or group with anyone else either
Old 09-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
man up and fight PvP in a controlled environment?
Man-Up (Man Uhp) <verb> - The act of playing a PvP class in Massive Multiple Online Roleplaying Games and taunting those who do not.

I'm not sure why PvPers from Sz/Tz etc assume "bluebies" are just afraid of them or something. Personally, I do not have and have never had the time nor patience to try to PvP while going about my daily EQ grind (raid/farm etc). It's not that I can't PvP.. I just don't want to as it serves no purpose.

Reading some stuff on Fohguild.org and here about how badass soandso was on Sz or TZ, and how everyone would do /who soandso to avoid them really makes me belly laugh. "I was the best ranger on SZ, no one would fuck with me"

^ no one would fuck with you because - A. You lucked out on a Mistwalker B. You use 3rd party hacks C. You roll around with a box or guild. No no.. you're the man.

edit: @ Bubbles this rant is in no way directed toward you whatsoever.
Last edited by azeth; 09-29-2010 at 03:43 PM..
Closed Thread