Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Default LF: 4-6 mob solo spot for 20s chanter

I'm looking for the perfect spot for soloing through the 20s as an enchanter. I've tried all the common ones, but none of them have been entirely satisfactory. Due to using charm, the options are a bit more limited than usual, and it needs to fill the following criteria:

1) four or six mobs in close proximity; more than six is fine, but 4-6 is about as many as one can keep continuously cleared without waiting for respawns all the time

2) melee mobs only, and no useless low-level placeholders like the skeletons on gargoyle island in OOT

3) mobs should be around the same level and general power so that the charmed mob kills the other with as little health left as possible

I've tried the gargoyles, but there aren't enough and they have low-level PHs. I've tried KFC, but the mob levels vary too much and you have to spend a lot of time running around looking for two of the same type, plus it's horribly overcamped. I've tried the aviak towers in Lake Rathe, but there are only two mobs at each and moving between the locations takes too long. I can't remember any spots that fill my needs, so I hope somebody can remind me of one or two.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

I would say HHK basement fits all your requirements except for the fact that there are a few casters. That shouldn't matter too much though as you can move out of line of site easily once the camp is broken. Just send in the charmed pet instead of pulling with tash and you shouldn't get hit with spells too often.

You can also get high level buffs while your there, sell to vendors, bank... It's a 1 stop shop. The camp won't always be open but you are more than likely to get a spot in a group if there is one there.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

I checked that out the other day, but the mobs in the first room are level 24-26ish, so that doesn't really work until you're like 28 yourself. Charming anything above dark blue is more trouble than it's worth, and since a good deal of the mobs are casters, it makes things a lot more difficult. What I really need is an outdoor spot where the spawns are always the same type of mob, preferably level 20-22.

You can't charm effectively when some of the mobs are casters, because it creates huge inconsistencies in how the fight goes. You really need both mobs to do approximately the same DPS and have similar health.
Last edited by Noselacri; 09-28-2010 at 12:10 PM..
Old 09-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noselacri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I checked that out the other day, but the mobs in the first room are level 24-26ish, so that doesn't really work until you're like 28 yourself. Charming anything above dark blue is more trouble than it's worth, and since a good deal of the mobs are casters, it makes things a lot more difficult. What I really need is an outdoor spot where the spawns are always the same type of mob, preferably level 20-22.
Crag Spiders in EK? All of them are lvl 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Crag Spiders in EK? All of them are lvl 20.
Are they close enough to eachother that you don't have to spend significant time finding two? I haven't killed those in a decade.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Banned

Maybe you can try to find a spot in Upper Guk. I'm not sure what level the lizards are in CT but if there are some lower level ones near the entrance that could work. At least you would get a dungeon bonus for those.

Aviaks Guards in Lake Rathe are 16-20. I think there is a 3 or 4 spawn.. not sure though. You can get level 24 or so there.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you can try to find a spot in Upper Guk. I'm not sure what level the lizards are in CT but if there are some lower level ones near the entrance that could work. At least you would get a dungeon bonus for those.

Aviaks Guards in Lake Rathe are 16-20. I think there is a 3 or 4 spawn.. not sure though. You can get level 24 or so there.
This. There is a 3 spawn aviak guard, located on the tower with the torch (on center isle or so)...can't miss it.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Dungeons are pretty much ruled out because of the risk and the frequency of caster mobs. You really can't charm-exp effectively with casters, it negates the entire purpose of charming one mob to kill the other and then breaking charm to get a second kill with one or two nukes. It's also a much bigger hassle because you will get attacked now and then, and instead of getting hit once or twice, you get nuked and dotted and shit.

I'm in Lake Rathe right now, but it's not optimal. You really need at least four mobs of the same type in close proximity. The three-mob spawn is kinda useless because once you've killed the first two you're left with one mob and nothing to charm. They're also too close to split with lull and there's a red goblin walking around right next to the spawn. I've actually been doing two seperate 2-spawn towers, sailing back and forth between them in a little boat while medding. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Aviak

I thought Charm wasn't working. I haven't used it yet and I am about to ding 30

Aetherial Mistwalker
Retired Ranger (Xegony)

I had the surname before the sword first appeared
Old 09-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought Charm wasn't working. I haven't used it yet and I am about to ding 30
It works, but apparently CHA doesn't scale properly or something and has less of an effect at lower levels...many people have complained about the first version of charm (12-24) having poor duration...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Closed Thread