Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Orc

Default Blank Server select FIX!! (For me at least)

Had problems for months now with logging into the blank server select screen and zone crashing. I use a 4G Lte Tethered phone for internet which isn't the best for P99. So I did some research and had to download a VPN program to help my connection problems. Havent had a Login problem since...

- Downloaded WTFast gaming VPN (mostly used for WoW and LoL)http://www.wtfast.com/
- Try the trial first see if u like it. I pay the $9.99 because of P99
- Make custom game for P99 , configure it to "run with launcher" , C:...P99/EQgame.exe or "Launch titanium" file
- Select a server close to you . I picked Seattle VPN (WA5/WA1) because its closest to me.
- In manage options check the "enable chain connection" (will help packet loss lag)

This should help bypass the connection from your end from logging into EQmu server login. It has helped me a lot so I can actually play this game now. I still crash during zoning once in a while if server population is high (week nights). Got down from 140-160ms to 110-120ms now.. Bards kiting no longer d/c me now.

Try it out or another VPN/proxy program , do some research
Also check ALL drivers on your comp!! My BIOS and audio drivers were out of date , after installing those I crash 60% less now as well