Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 10:08 PM
Orc

Default A glimmer of light

I accidentally traded 15k away to the wrong person earlier today without logs on and without realizing who I was trading.

Coulomb shortly after sent me a tell saying that I must have made a mistake and just gave him 15k. He immediately returned it to me and in turn I let him keep some of it to get him started.

The guy just started playing a bard on this server and I couldn't be more pleased to see someone with some character join us on blue.

If you guys are feeling generous, maybe show him some generosity. These are the kinds of people we'd want here.

Thanks again, Coulomb - you need anything, feel free to /t Unbrella or PM me here.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

This wouldn't happen on red.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:13 PM
Kobold

You're right, because TunnelQuest doesnt exist on red.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Good chap.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 01-30-2015, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

You didn't let him keep the 15k? Have a fucking heart.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:39 PM
Skeleton

You should've heard the skype conversation about this scenario. I told him to log off and take the money, he called me an asshole and gave all the money back.

Some people are just born with hearts of gold. Thanks for getting him going, I sincerely appreciate it, he's a dear friend and total noob.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:45 PM
Sarnak

Truly Inspiring! If the state of the community is so poor that a completely typical honest interaction between reasonable people should seem notable enough to make a forum post about it, then it's not an exaggeration to call this a true glimmer of light! More people should strive to meet the high bar for honesty and integrity set by Unbrella and this fellow.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:52 PM
Aviak

Another possibility is he simply wished to earn it himself. Had to refuse a Ykesha thingy and lots of plat first time I logged on.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:16 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by planarity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Truly Inspiring! If the state of the community is so poor that a completely typical honest interaction between reasonable people should seem notable enough to make a forum post about it, then it's not an exaggeration to call this a true glimmer of light! More people should strive to meet the high bar for honesty and integrity set by Unbrella and this fellow.
There's no doubt in my mind that you would have done the same as Coulomb. Come back and make that faint glimmer a beacon!

Actually, I don't think the state of the server is so poor that this is necessarily commendation worthy. I do feel that with sub-forums like RnF, the good on this server can easily be overlooked.
Last edited by Ella'Ella; 01-30-2015 at 11:36 PM..
Old 01-30-2015, 11:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I kept asking my friend why he was giving me 15k from his mule, until he said "uh, that's not me", LOL. Luckily I remembered the name of who gave it to me! Good times, good times. Make sure to pick up the fishing grubs everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread