Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 10:09 AM
Kobold

Default Question for GMs: Forward LNS

An incident occurred last night that requires some lawyerquesting. Holocaust/Fresh were operating a PVP block in Feerrot from a force in Fear. A player on LNS was allowed to loot their corpse and then immediately ninja ran into Fear.

I understand that in the past LNS in Skyfire did not allow you to LNS into VP. I believe it would fall under this statute:
Quote:
In large scale PvP there is no limit to the number of zones a force can be locked out of. If a fight took place across multiple zones the lockout will apply to all zones a PvP related death occurred in.
Could we please get a clarification on forward progress in force PVP?
Old 01-23-2015, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

plane of fear was never contested. when did the fight take place in plane of fear? fresh too scared to zone in and holo wasnt' allowed to. enjoy the bans.

should worry about your own rule breaking. want to post pictures of the "ogre wall"? didn't even work well, but against the rules.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:23 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bind-point/Corpse Camping and Loot and Scoot (LnS)

Killing someone over and over again while at his or her bind-point or while they are in the process of looting and scooting is illegal and may result in disciplinary action taken against your account.

Conversely, the person recovering their corpse is expected to do so and retreat to safety promptly. In other words, sitting next to your corpse and taunting someone while daring them to attack you so that you can /petition them is bad form, and may result in disciplinary action taken against your account.

A player is 'Looting and Scooting' (LnSing) when he has died to an opponent and opts to call Loot and Scoot. You must make your intentions clear that you are loot and scooting by communicating with the other people in the zone(s) you move through, as well as with the person who killed you, or your LnS claim will not be valid, and you can be killed. You may call Loot and Scoot in any zone after respawning from death so long as you head straight for your corpse. If you need to move across multiple zones in order to Loot and Scoot, you must call LnS as you move through each zone. If a new player enters the zone, you must call Loot and Scoot so they are aware of your intentions. You may not attack or be attacked while Loot and Scooting. After retrieving your corpse, you are allowed a short amount of time to med enough mana to safely get out of the zone (ie, enough for a couple casts of invisibility, FD, or a port spell), memorize those spells, and then must leave the zone immediately for 1 hour. This timer will start after the last person has exited the zone. If multiple players died in PvP and all choose to LnS, they may help each other do so (IE, res each other, drag corpses, port, etc) unless they have already opted out of LnS by fighting after death. After you have left the zone, you are considered to have finished Loot and Scooting, and may again be attacked.

calling LnS from pure PvE deaths is not allowed.

If you are killed and opt to fight instead of calling Loot and Scoot, you forfeit any later opportunities to invoke LnS. If you log out you may return in 1 hour and call Loot and Scoot.

In large scale PvP (7 or more players on both sides), LnS must be called by a force as a whole. Individuals may not invoke Loot and Scoot. LnS may be called by the force at any time, this option may never be forfeited. If a fight took place across multiple zones, the force is considered to have finished LnS'ing once all of their players have left the zones affected. All other LnS rules still apply.

In regular PvP, you can only ever have one zone lockout active per group of players at any time. If a fight occurred across multiple zones, the winning group picks which zone the lockout will apply to.

In large scale PvP there is no limit to the number of zones a force can be locked out of. If a fight took place across multiple zones the lockout will apply to all zones a PvP related death occurred in.

Excessive bind point camping (killing a player over and over at their bind point) is against the rules.

Excessive killing of a player or group after they have finished LnSing may be stopped by a Project 1999 CSR, but is not against the rules.

The P99CSR in attendance will decide what is reasonable in these cases. It is highly recommended that the people involved make equitable arrangements prior to involving the Project 1999 Customer Service Staff.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...53&postcount=1

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 01-23-2015, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Perfectly legal, learn to read pnp rules.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:30 AM
Fire Giant

So sirken was the holo-fresh alliance correct in trying to dictate which zones could be used to LnS out of feerott, or were they violating the ruleset?
Old 01-23-2015, 10:41 AM
Banned

Don't shit up this thread we need a clear understanding of these rules
Old 01-23-2015, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Coffee = Rettiwalk. Seven years of post grad education paying off for me.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Coffee = Rettiwalk. Seven years of post grad education paying off for me.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:12 AM
Kobold

No, Sirken.

If you read my post you would note the quote came from the block you posted. That means I myself read it and it was/is still unclear. I would appreciate your not being so dismissive of a legitimate question that was pertinent to literally half the server last night.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, Sirken.

If you read my post you would note the quote came from the block you posted. I would appreciate your not being so dismissive of a legitimate question that was pertinent to literally half the server last night.
what large scale pvp took place. at no time did we have 7 or more in feerott against your force:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread