Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Banned

Default Dalnir must be cleansed!

Standing high on his throne in the Plane of Sky, the Noble Djorn releases a long held breath. The cool wind sweeps down from the clouds and swirls on the ocean as it picks up steam and finds land on the shores of Kunark. The breeze sweeps through The Overthere and into the mountain pass of Warsilk Woods. As the wind funnels down the river past the goblin fort and back out to the sea, the wind catches the sound of screams. Dalnir has awakend into madness, the Kly rule the once holy temple, and the Cresent Monks have all fallen - thier armor striped and perverted to the needs of the Kly. The monks of Norrath must answer this disrespect and restore our holy relics!!!

Calling all monks lvl 20+!!!!

I will be heading into Dalnir tomorrow morning to farm Cresent Leggings, and if any aspiring monk would like to accompany me, you are more than welcome to the other pieces. I dont mind spending a few hours in there farming to get people several pieces.

I had a high lvl monk do this for me when I was around lvl 30, and I would like to pass on the favor. This will take several hours and getting out can be quite nerve wracking for a lower lvl, so plan your time accordingly!!!

Message Tekilya <Asgard> in game on Saturday morning if you would like to attend!! Departure time will depend entirely on how much I drink tonight.

And sorry for the gay RP, bored at work.

TLDR: Message Tekilya 1/10/2015 if you want Crescent armor from Dalnir saturday morning.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Im down to come on my 39 monk :P ill send you a tell later on today or tomorrow when you are there.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Skeleton

is this over with
Old 01-12-2015, 10:36 PM
Skeleton

cleared with 49 nec. then died to overseer. rip in pepperonies... summon corpse was needed
Old 01-13-2015, 12:14 PM
Kobold

I spent a day in there as a 43 solo monk and was able to farm a complete set of crescent. The pants are BY FAR the rarest piece. All of the wiki information about what mob types drop what is correct.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spent a day in there as a 43 solo monk and was able to farm a complete set of crescent. The pants are BY FAR the rarest piece. All of the wiki information about what mob types drop what is correct.
Thanks for the info, I'm about to go down to get a pair of crescent pants - I assumed @ 47 I could solo around the spot they drop - but was a little unsure of how hard it would be.

The pants drop near and around the "Church" area right?
Old 01-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cor3nth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the info, I'm about to go down to get a pair of crescent pants - I assumed @ 47 I could solo around the spot they drop - but was a little unsure of how hard it would be.

The pants drop near and around the "Church" area right?
I got mine off an invoker that pathed through the coerced revenant room. I actually spent most of my time camping the "BBQ Room" and "River Room." Theres 5 armor droppers you can hold down fairly easily.

The church might be a bit much solo but then again I was only 43.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to Gnomercy

PSH, I actually I enjoyed the RP...

If I'm not raiding I'd like to come and help with this event. I can bring my epic Monk or Necro (in case anyone dies)
Old 01-13-2015, 01:01 PM
Kobold

I'll cross-post a writeup I did on my guilds internal forums:

Level 45 now and at 43 I decided to stick my head in Dalnir to see if I could solo at all. I found a spot on the second floor called "Bedrooms" on eqatlas map that I was able to break and hold down for a few hours. I got 3 pieces of crescent really quick and then nothing. So i went back the next day after vendoring and getting more invis pots (bring 10 invis pots seriously) and dropped down to the third floor. I broke and held the "BBQ room" and "River" camps for a few hours and got the GI. Moved back to the second floor trying for boots (boots drop from evokers which are plentiful on floor 2) I broke the Imprecator Room and did that for a couple hours and got boots.

By this time I moved back to the third floor because all I was missing is pants. Pants can drop on the second floor because theres an Invoker spawn in the Imprecator Room but you're better off on the third floor for pants. There was one poor bastard monk in there moaning about the hundreds of Invokers he'd killed with no pants drop. Pants are BY FAR the rarest of the pieces to get with headbands being the easiest. I was about to call it quits for the day when I check out the Coerced Revenant room to see what kinda mobs were in there. An Invoker comes pathing in so I pulled and killed him and lo and behold: Crescent Pants

So at level 43 I was able to farm a complete set of crescent in about a day. The Kly still give xp at that level and the journey took me to 44 so: I would recommend the experience for anybody looking to cross off monk only things from their eq bucket list.

EDIT: I am not twinked, moderately geared pretty much wearing the pre-planar/kunark recommendations from the wiki and using 2x SoS for weapons.
Last edited by cormag; 01-13-2015 at 01:05 PM..
Old 01-13-2015, 01:02 PM
Banned

I would not recomend going into solo farm Dalnir until closer to lvl 50. Yes i am sure you can do it at 43, but there is also the massive potential for death.

I play almost everyday after work and during the weekends, so if any aspiring monks need help please send a /t in game and I will make some time to run you through. If you dont have at least 2 hours, its really not worth going in, so keep that in mind.

On a side note, I completed my Epic quest last night!!! Some of my best advice is to get level 46 ASAP, join a raiding guild for Hate/Fear, and get your Epic done. I recommend Asgard =) Very nice people and we have quite the monk army (9 out of 10 already geared to the teeth so easy loot for new players)
Closed Thread