Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Banned

Default Made a thread about MR being fucked

I guess the resident nerds are not saying anything so I guess Haynar thinks this shit is cool or?

Pls go post on my thread.

In PVP bugs.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

MR is dumb right now, if you get tashed even from 255 MR you're basically guaranteed to be rooted. I usually just zone if i'm tashed. and lol @ whoever is like "carry cure pots" ya cuz a melee right clicking cure pots is going to do shit vs a 1 second 20 mana tash cast.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

What do you guys think happens when you get rooted? You don't automatically die to the root, and roots tend to break very quickly vs players. Even naked targets can break root pretty quick if they're taking damage. Keeping someone rooted is a full-time job. Nobody is getting root rotted; it takes a caster's full attention to hold a player down

If person A roots you while their friend B beats on you, why is that bad for PvP? Two players should be able to threaten or kill one. And it's not like you can't go after the caster as soon as root breaks anyway.

Nobody likes getting CD'd, I get that. But getting killed in six swings by a player you can't even threaten is much worse. Before the patch, casters had to run from melee. All you could do was nuke, meaning wizards were king casters and all other casters sucked in PvP by comparison. Now, casters can lock down melee so their allies can deal with the melee. What part of that is a problem?
Last edited by easy_lee; 12-23-2014 at 02:02 PM..
Old 12-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_lee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you guys think happens when you get rooted? You don't automatically die to the root, and roots tend to break very quickly vs players. Even naked targets can break root pretty quick if they're taking damage. Keeping someone rooted is a full-time job. Nobody is getting root rotted; it takes a caster's full attention to hold a player down

If person A roots you while their friend B beats on you, why is that bad for PvP? Two players should be able to threaten or kill one. And it's not like you can't go after the caster as soon as root breaks anyway.

Nobody likes getting CD'd, I get that. But getting killed in six swings by a player you can't even threaten is much worse. Before the patch, casters had to run from melee. All you could do was nuke, meaning wizards were king casters and all other casters sucked in PvP by comparison. Now, casters can lock down melee so their allies can deal with the melee. What part of that is a problem?
I get what you are saying because things were pretty bad before. The debuff however isn't working correctly. As HB mentioned if you have over 200 MR and get a MR debuff it somehow gets treated much harsher than the net remaining MR should be. All caster classes besides shaman/enchanter will still not be able to root and now their spells are also not doing as much damage. It is a huge buff to two caster classes while making other caster classes even worse than before.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Banned

(Open response, not aimed at OP)

It's when a caster locks down people for the melee train that problems arise for the caster. Something that seemingly makes them viable ends up biting them in the ass with a lockdown/near instant death.

Look at it this way.

20 people who are of marginal skill are setting up for a raid mob.

15 people of exceptional skill are getting ready to contest.

The 20 marginally skilled players have 5 extra players, 2 of which that can just be literally dedicated to spamming root

Try to guess the outcome

I mean having 2 extra player just dedicated to dispelling or spamming heals is enough of an advantage... but spamming an ability that almost every time leads to a near instant death is not good

Like I said, hard disables like root/blind were easy to resist for a reason

Have fun with "oh no problem just casting a pumice" when any competent melee train gets on top of you.

This change greatly benefits Holocaust and unlike previous top guild scum regimes, we're not blindly defending something that screws everyone else over. Several of us have been extremely objective in stating it gives us too much of an advantage in the numbers game and we want small pvp crews to be much more viable. Resist caps help this a lot, if you can manage your buff stack vs less/unskilled players who can't stay on top of that.

It is a problem Haynar is aware of, he's just expressed a time or two he doesn't appreciate people constantly blaring about how bad this one thing is after all the other things he's gotten right.

Be happy we have reasonable hit boxes and actual hard caps on resists. He made the debuff changes with the best intentions of making classes that previously felt useless very strong and useful. I think we can absolutely and definitely expect some fixes in a future patch to fetter (this one really is the problem, I imagine other roots work very close to classic), malosini and blind.

When's the future patch? Who knows. At least by Velious and that only seems like 5-6 months off? Not an unreasonable amount of time for a free server imo.

I'd only be bothered if I didn't have faith our pvp dev couldn't make these tweaks or was being ignored by the higher ups. I think we can all safely say tweaking this is well within his abilities ... and also that he pretty much always has the higher ups stamp of approval/trust to put things into patches.
Last edited by Nirgon; 12-23-2014 at 02:15 PM..
Old 12-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Banned

No secret that MR needs some tweekage.

everyone can see this lol
Old 12-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Seems to me, then, that the thing to do is figure out which abilities should usually land and how often. Roots often resist, but right now it seems like snares are even harder to land, odd as that is.

One thing I can say for sure is that the patch made low level PvP much more balanced. Being able to hold your own as a 20 druid or 30 necromancer is very nice. High level PvP falling in the favor of whoever has more people is not good, but what is the alternative? Which spells should land and which shouldn't? How much impact should resists have on which spells?

As an example, consider a fight between a caster and a melee. Right now, the caster can lock down the melee long enough to escape. If roots and snares land and last too long, the melee has no chance. If they don't land at all, the caster has no chance. Sure, if the caster gets the jump, is levitating, and is a wizard, things go well for the caster. But on a level playing field, the game is stacked heavily in favor of the melee.

Group PvP further complicates things. If a caster can land an aoe snare, then he can win a fight immediately. If he can lock down one target, he can contribute but we face the numbers game. If he can't lock anyone down, all he can do is throw nukes and aoe. And aoe hits your group members, which makes it tough to use anyway.

It's going to be a real challenge to make small groups a threat without simultaneously making casters, particularly shamans and chanters, either overpowered or useless.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Banned

Making CC extremely easy to land is exactly what kills small skilled groups who can outrange spells/manage their buffs or roll in, make a kill and escape
Old 12-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Banned

If You have 160 or better MR tash wont Make You rootable

SS's provided in Bug Forum
Old 12-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Banned

sample size of 10 casts is def enough proof
Closed Thread