Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Sarnak

Default CoS stack with Resist cold?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=20a7...7#.U-_IdGNeKiM

Someone sent me this pic about 6 months ago, forgot about it till now. Posted above. Is this evidence that resist cold stacked with circle of summer in Kunark/Velious era? This pic must be luclin era because some people have AA titles. Maybe it was changed post-velious?
Old 11-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Sarnak

Found this in a google search.

"kanras
06-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Max of 45 for Circle of Winter and Summer, pending update.

And they have always been +45 on live I believe

No, 40 was correct for Kunark release. We didn't know when they changed between there and velious.

Stacking was 'fixed' in a May 2002 Patch (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020508.html) -- IE Luclin

From April 2002, just prior to stacking fix patch:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...st/K-QF8GugAEs[126-150-false]

You're preaching to the choir brother man.

And speaking of druid fire cold buffs, prior to last patch there was a
screw up and the circle spells were stacking with resist fire/cold.
They didn't fix that yet, did they? :-)

I could cast Circle of Winter (level 51 group fire resist) and Resist
Fire (level 24 single target fire resist) both on my druid for a grand
total of +85 to my FR. Before, IIRC, those wouldn't stack.

I'm just wondering if they fixed that yet.

They did. Bastards. :-)

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5305

Druid circle of summer? stacks with resist cold for some reason now. Resist fire stil get overwritten by their circle spell.

For the lifespan of this server, they should always stack.

Lets keep it classic up in here.

Lets keep it sensible up in here."
Last edited by Fountree; 11-07-2014 at 10:00 AM..
Old 11-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ghlight=Summer

Youre quoting this thread, I'm confused.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Sarnak

So from what I'm seeing now there's evidence that they did stack but only starting in 2002? And during classic they didn't stack? I guess that would explain the SS in my original post. Sucks for druids in classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's confusing because the May 2002 patch notes make it seem like the circle/resist spells had been stacking all along previously:

Spell Stacking:

General stacking changes: Some buffs were not being allowed to stack which now will stack, and other buffs were being allowed to stack which should not have.

For example, many stacking problems with spells that have a See Invisible or Levitate component are now gone (e.g. Dead Man Floating), while a number of stacking exploits that granted too much regeneration, too much offense (ATK), too large of a damage shield, or too many hit points have been fixed. Here are some of the details:

Vision abilities (natural or spell-granted) should no longer cause spells to fail to take hold.
Bard songs should in general overwrite fewer spells.
Harness of Spirit no longer stacks with spells that grant Strength or Dexterity boosts. It was never intended to do so.
Harness of Spirit and Avatar should now stack properly.
Call of the Predator and Warder's Protection should no longer stack.
Arch Lich should no longer overwrite innate racial vision abilities.
Levitate and Dead Man Floating should no longer conflict.
Dead Man Floating should no longer conflict with any vision abilities (natural or spell granted).
Spirit of Eagle should no longer cancel Levitation/Levitate spells.
Fixed a stacking exploit with Armor of Protection and Armor of the Risen.
Focus of Spirit should no longer overwrite Visions of Grandeur.
Focus of Spirit should now stack with the Whistling Fists effect.
"Circle of" Druid spells should no longer stack with their Resist counterparts.
Last edited by Fountree; 11-07-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Old 11-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

The slotting of things I don't think was really the determining factor in classic.

Which is sort of what led to bard stacking stuff. Classic stacking was really weird and I'm guessing hard to replicate.

I know for a fact the cold resists stacked during Luclin/PoP. Pretty sure they did before then as well.

Relying on the "classic" Kunark spdats that they have seems to lead to issues. Since I've brought up quite a few inconsistencies between the spdat we have (the alleged Kunark one) and posts from era about spells.

Necro spells not being night limited, splurt, haste, Druid DoTs, etc. All of these were proven to be incorrect in the past few months. So using the Kunark spdat as evidence doesn't seem to be extremely reliable. Posts in era tend to be better.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The slotting of things I don't think was really the determining factor in classic.
I'm pretty sure that in most cases it was, which is evidenced by examples of tricks involving casting order to stack fungi staff regen with other regen spells.

The peculiarities of bard spell stacking was due to bard-casted spells on items being treated as songs instead of spells.
Quote:
Bards using items that cast spells (not songs) will have those spells act just like regular spells, where they were acting like songs before. Bard songs stack with just about anything, and spells have their own sets of stacking rules. Bards casting spells from items were able to ignore the stacking restrictions of those spells.
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20021...ML/000323.html

As for CoS and other cold resist stacking, in the Trilogy spdat, endure/resist cold and CoS have their effect in slot 5, so it's unlikely they stacked at this time.

The Lucy history for CoS suggests that they began stacking following these changes:
Quote:
2002-03-19 05:50 Added Slot 1: Increase Cold Resist by 45
2002-03-19 05:50 Removed Slot 5: Increase Cold Resist by 45
with later measures taken to explicitly guarantee stacking conflicts:
Quote:
2002-12-12 11:18 Added Slot 1: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is effect 'Cold Resist' and < 45
2002-12-12 11:18 Changed Slot 2 from "Increase Cold Resist by 45" to "Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 1 is effect 'Cold Resist' and < 45"