Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Aviak

Default Monk: Upgrading to Peacebringer or....?

Hello,

My 42 Monk is running Wu's Quivering Staff, and I assumed my next upgrade would be a Peacebringer. It would be my primary weapon until I get a T-staff or my Epic - way down the road. (I've considered IFS but the delay of 40 and my personal experiences with RNG turn me off a little).

I am now playing with the idea of saving a little more and going AC/SoS over the Peacebringer for several reasons:
1. Through my research it seems like AC/SoS Combo is more DPS @ 42+
2. When/if I get epic fists, I will already have an SoS
3. IMO, dual wield is cooler, I like hitting faster/more often (I'll keep the Wu staff for DS mobs)

The monk is my highest char to date on p1999 so I have modest cash flow for upgrades.
With this in mind, I'm hoping some experienced Monks will weigh in on this.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

If you are mostly soloing (which I did on my monk until 52 or so), then 2h is still better - less damage from enemy ripostes and yours do more damage to the enemy.

If you can't afford T-staff then Peacebringer is the next best thing.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 10-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Kobold

How much do you have currently? Personally I recommend an FBSS first but if you are talking strictly weapons only or have an FBSS already than yes the AC/SoS is a safe bet maybe not the best for min/maxing but you'd still have just as much fun with that. Also you can't really go wrong with either one because all of the gear resells just fine so if you do go peacebringer and decide its not for you, it's a quick turnaround in EC to get back what you bought it for and go a different route.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:52 PM
Aviak

I do have my FBSS! Normally, I exp with a regular group of friends and have an SK to tank - so I pull/dps and get to stand behind the mob. So my priority is to contribute to that role more than optimize soloing.
Last edited by cor3nth; 10-20-2014 at 03:54 PM..
Old 10-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cor3nth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Through my research it seems like AC/SoS Combo is more DPS @ 42+
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...evQ/edit#gid=0

AC/SoS is more DPS at 28+ =P
Old 10-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made use of that spreadsheet - its great. Until using that calculator, I was under the assumption that the 2hb especially when you get to the IFS/peacebringer/T-staff ratios, are better than most dual wield setups.

Maybe, I've missed something, but after using that new weapon DPS calc sheet, I'm seeing that Wu's Quivering Staff>IFS/Peacebringer>T-Staff isn't the only way to go.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

Lol so you did. Yeah It's a great tool.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:00 AM
Aviak

I too used the DPS chart to figure out that Peacebringer isn't all that.

AC/SoS is a great combo; a more affordable combo is dual SoS (SoS is 2-2k compared to 5k for AC). You can also save around 500-1000p by putting a Jade Mace in mainhand (compared to the double SoS), but I'm going to save just a little more and go dual SoS.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zliz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I too used the DPS chart to figure out that Peacebringer isn't all that.

AC/SoS is a great combo; a more affordable combo is dual SoS (SoS is 2-2k compared to 5k for AC). You can also save around 500-1000p by putting a Jade Mace in mainhand (compared to the double SoS), but I'm going to save just a little more and go dual SoS.
If you slot at least the SoS in the offhand, it opens up several different mainhand options depending on your budget.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

2hers are for soloing/tanking in a group, not for the best DPS.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Closed Thread