Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Mage pets and Research tradeskill.

I have never really been into the whole tradeskill thing. It is just not my cup of tea. I am a level 25 Mage and the only level appropriate pet I have is the Earth one because the other pets require research.

I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Is it possible for me to buy the missing pet spells from someone else or must I finally overcome my tradeskill fears? I only have 178 plat to my name so whatever path I take must not exceed that much.

I did manage to get my Research skill up to level 21, but honestly it was harder than getting my epic. I would rather raid for months than than farm the items needed for traidskills.

Fellow mages did you get your research skill up or did you buy the spells? If you bought the spells how did you go about it?
Old 10-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Just pay the trainer to level up your research skill as needed. You can train it up as high as you want, just costs more the higher level you are. Should be affordable if you're smart about it.

On the other hand, since it does get pretty expensive towards the end, you might be better off just buying the spells, especially if you are selective about which you buy and don't buy.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 10-14-2014, 03:10 AM
Banned

Just do a /who 50 60 mage all. And ask all of the high level mages. Start with the 60s, or any mage in a raiding guild, tmo, ib, bda, asgard, taken, etc etc...they will all do the combines for free if you have the mats. I promise. Mages look out for each other! Especially if youre a gnome
Old 10-14-2014, 03:12 AM
Banned

You don't need all the pets for every spell level. Fire is the only one u ever need for solo'ing, and water/air is what you use in a group. They all actually do the exact same melee dps so it doesnt matter which one you use in a group till 50+.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susvain2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't need all the pets for every spell level. Fire is the only one u ever need for solo'ing, and water/air is what you use in a group. They all actually do the exact same melee dps so it doesnt matter which one you use in a group till 50+.
Not exactly true. Earth will dual wield with and without weapons a spell level or two before the others.

In that range of you're summoning a dagger and spear, you're better off with a DW pet. Though I guess fire for solo is probably still best.

To the OP, either collect the components and find a high level mage or use your guild master training points. You can train up to 200 with them, without having to do a single combine.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

I might still have a lot of the words in my bank for the 24 spells. I know I have plenty of the components -- jade shards, ice of velious, pearl shards, gloves of RZ.

Shoot me a tell in game and I can take a look. Not sure I'll be on tonight, but should be back online by Wednesday.

-Sampten
Old 10-15-2014, 11:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not exactly true. Earth will dual wield with and without weapons a spell level or two before the others.
Not that I've found. In testing pets to get the wiki up to date, earth/water/air all displayed identical tendencies in terms of dual wield/double attack. Fire is the only pet that lags in melee skill, through a lack of kick and bash and later acquisition of double attack.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:18 AM
Aviak

If you gather the components i can research them for you. Give me a tell in game on Sakra/Trifonas.
Closed Thread