Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 04:48 AM
Kobold

Default Starting Gear for SK & Monk

Hi all,

I'm returning from a long break and decided to start from Scratch as an SK...
I have a few items and pp (about 2-3k i think) to give him but nothing substantial.

I would like some advice on what items to look for, and purchase, as a leveling SK that is best price for what you get(considering my budget).
I know cash is scarce, but a friend of mine is starting a monk and i would like to help him out with some weps at least, so if you want to put your 2 cents in for that as well, it would be nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you are trying to spread the plat out as far as possible I would pick up a set of the 55hp/5ac rings, Sword of Skyfire, Clay Guardian Shield, Glowing Bone Collar, Crested Spaulders, and then probably a set of bronze armor. This will give you some plat to save for spells, ports, etc while leveling.

For your friend playing the monk, you could hook him up with a full cured silk set and a Wu's Quivering Staff for around 200p.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Kobold

If you are considering an Iksar, the dreadscale quests are easy enough for a lowbie to run around and loot the needed items off corpses left behind by others.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Kobold

thanks guys, that really helps a lot!!![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 10-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Orc

I think the biggest impact you can make would be...

- hp/ac rings for both of you. Thats 1k (or less if you get gold instead of platinum).
- bronze armor for you (or banded if you're a weaker race)
- some magic gloves for him
- wu's quivering staff for him
- the weapons for you mentioned above

You'll each have good weapons, and hp/ac rings, and ok armor. This can last you to 40+ when you can start replacing pieces of banded with slightly better items.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Big Sk? If so get the hardest hitting 2 hander and haste.. then 55hp rings.. then jboots

Mitheral Two Handed Sword 21/40 and 31% haste is great for a new sk into your 40s..
Closed Thread