Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-26-2014, 09:07 AM
Large Bat

Default Been awhile and having issues

Hi everyone:

Its been around 9 months or so since I logged on to p99. Since then I have gotten a new laptop, and I am having some issues getting started. A few things have changed since I set up my account in 2011.

I have been trying to go through the appropriate channels before this post. I have even waited a week or so for everything to settle down and get entered into the system, to hopefully sort itself out.

Hopefully I am posting in the right forum.

Under the getting started there is a link for "Account Setup / Play Guide" which has a 5 step process. Step one is easy, had to find the information on my account and switch the password.

Step 2 seemed to be easy too, as I knew that I had an EQemulator account from before, and had already found that information. This forum however did not seem to recognize that I had linked the accounts when I followed the link in the email to confirm it. When I tried step 2 again, it told me that the accounts had been linked already.

I ended up having to skip to step 3 to continue. Step 3 has been completed also, however as with step two, the forum does not seem to know it.

oh well, ill just "skip this step" again and move forward... WRONG. It keeps sending me to step 2 again.

So this is my dilemma, and before I go whining about how I cant make it work I would like to atleast give steps 4 and 5 a shot.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:27 AM
Fire Giant

If you have your EQ EMU log in information, I don't think you need anything else. Do you have your account name and password? Have you tried logging into the game?
Old 09-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Large Bat

Well. Thats another issue entirely. Seems the game doesnt like windows 8.1 very well. The installer comes up and then goes away like nothing happened. Tried compatibility modes, running as administrator, and disabling windows defender so far. Got a few more tricks up my sleeve though
Old 09-26-2014, 11:29 AM
Large Bat

Btw thank you for your speedy response Lyra.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

When you say "installer" did you mean the EQEmuLauncher?

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=125062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQEmuLauncher has been deprecated and is no longer supported. The setup guide and latest patch notes have been updated with the new method of obtaining required game files.
I"m going to give you part of my handy dandy instructions.

This begins AFTER the install:

Quote:
You won't launch this version of everquest from the EQ shortcut, so if it's on your desktop or in the Start Menu, I would just delete it to make sure you don't do it ( It will cause the game to patch, which breaks the process ).

---------------------------

1) After install of EQ: (For consistency, I'm going to assume you installed EQ to C:\Everquest so that the eqgame.exe path is C:\Everquest\eqgame.exe.)

2) Right-click on the eqgame.exe icon within your everquest folder, select Create Shortcut.

3) Right-click on the Shortcut to eqgame.exe you created in step (2). Select Properties.

4) In the Properties menu that appears, edit the target line to say C:\everquest\eqgame.exe patchme. Select Apply and then OK to close the properties box. (If you have spaces in your destination string - for example C:\Ever Quest\eqgame.exe or C:\Program Files\everquest\eqgame.exe - quotes are only needed around the destination string Like so: "C:\Program Files\everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme) .

5) Open the C:\Everquest\eqhost.txt file in the text editor of your choice. (If you are using a newer version of Windows, you must right click and run as administrator to edit files)

6) Delete whatever is in the eqhost.txt file and replace it with the following two lines:
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

7) Save and close the eqhost.txt file.

8) Download the latest eqchangesvXX.zip file from the patch notes. As of this update, we are on v33, found here: http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files33.zip
9) Extract the eqchangesvXX.zip file into the C:\Everquest directory, overwriting any files it asks for.

10) Within the C:\Everquest directory, delete the following files to allow these updated zones to function properly on P99:
arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg
Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt

11) Create an account at the home page : https://www.project1999.com/ In the left hand column of the page, see "Account System" . Under account System "Create account"

12) Start EQ via the shortcut for the eqgame.exe process you created in step four (4).

13) Log into the server with the account you created in step 11.

14) Select Project1999: The Ruins of Kunark from the server list.

15)Don't worry about the game being in a weird resolution, once you get in game you can set up the correct resolution. It also started in Windowed mode for me, you can bring it to full screen by pressing Alt + Enter
Old 09-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Large Bat

I wish I meant the EQEmuLauncher. Unfortunately, I mean the actual EQtitanium install disks... I have actually installed this once before on this machine and messed up the shortcut, pathing it to "C:\EQEMU\everquest.exe patchme". It deleted some .dll file that I needed.

Shouldn't be a problem right? Uninstalled it with the control panel uninstall. Seemed to go well. For some reason I can't reinstall the actual program. Windows keeps asking me if it installed properly and would I like to try with compatibility troubleshooter. So it knows something is up.

Windows problem right? System restore ought to fix it. Picked the restore point before the original install. Same story after the successful restore.

If you have any suggestions I'm definitely open to them, although I know its probably outside the realm of this forum.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:38 PM
Fire Giant

OH!!! Well I'm going to private message you the rest of my instructions. Part of them does include a link to this: http://wiki.project1999.com/Everques...allation_Guide
Old 09-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Orc

do you know if there's an issue with the old PW being too short for the new login system? I too am trying to login for the first time in many months, and although I know my old username/password to be accurate, it tells me my password is too short and won't let me progress.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Large Bat

Well as it turns out it was a corrupted os, lots of memory errors caused by microsoft EMET not being very compatible with windows 8.1. I am guessing it had something to do with the ASLR feature or the stack execution protection. I uninstalled it because the computer took a pretty big performance hit, and i guess it didnt fix itself. So everytime i tried to install programs that had once been installed it would error at the os level.

I havent tried reinstalling eq titanium yet. But hopefully the 5 hour windows reset feature did the trick. If not, time to call dell up and ask how to do a REAL clean install of their little oem version of windows. Im sure they will be real happy with me then.

I will let you guys know how it goes. Dabasher, im pretty sure we have different issues. But if i end up having pword trouble i know who to talk to!

Thanks a ton guys for your support!
Old 12-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

No update so how did it go????....I'm having the exact same issue. I have not played in awhile . I moved & bought a new computer. When trying to install the Titanium edition discs to my new computer ....nothing happens . I have windows 8 as well. I even tried running as administrator to. I just cannot get the Install from the discs onto the computer at all ......nothing happens when trying to run or open. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]